Visit The Official Star Trek Shop Now!

Quinto On Grunberg & Earlobes

EW has a brief interview with Star Trek’s Spock, Zachary Quinto. Quinto told EW that we would know ‘within a matter of weeks’ if his Heroes co-star Greg Grunberg will be in the film. If Grunberg doesn’t make it into this latest project from his pal JJ, it would be a first. Quinto also showed off his new Vulcan eyebrows and revealed that it takes 3 hours a day to fit him with both the ear points and ear lobes to match the Nimoy’s Vulcan look. Of Nimoy Quinto states he has “the biggest earlobes you’ve ever seen. But it feels good to change it up, put on some pointy ears, and shave my eyebrows for the role.”

Danya Romulus
December 10, 2007 12:04 pm

Not that I don’t love Quinto, but I wouldn’t mind an interview with Pine or Urban one of these days.

bill hiro
December 10, 2007 12:16 pm

Wow he found swifty lazar’s glasses!

CanuckLou
December 10, 2007 12:16 pm

I was wondering if they were going to take into account Quinto’s lobeless ears!

Trekker06
December 10, 2007 12:22 pm

I think he has given a few interviews too much in in the last time…

NCC-73515
December 10, 2007 12:22 pm

can he move his eyebrows seperately? (i can do a wave :P)

Bryan
December 10, 2007 12:25 pm

“Nimoy’s reaction when he learned that Quinto had taken over his role sums it up best: ‘You’re screwed.'”

Hilarious.

Pragmaticus
December 10, 2007 12:26 pm

Seriously, let Chris Pine do an interview. He is freaking James T. Kirk, after all.

T2
December 10, 2007 12:34 pm

He may be Kirk, but it’s looking more and more like Spock is the main character this time, hence the interviews…however it’s only a matter of time until that behind-the-scenes footage makes its way onto television featuring many of the cast.

ZoomZoom
December 10, 2007 12:41 pm

oh goody- more Quinto. I knew today had been missing something!

BrandonJ
December 10, 2007 12:42 pm

Yeah, I think it’d be cool to start getting some interviews from other actors…although, I mean, Mr. Quinto WAS the first actor confirmed…that says something, I think…especially considering it’s the re-invigoration of our beloved franchise. Good for you, Mr. Quinto.

Multitrek
December 10, 2007 1:02 pm

Didn’t Nimoy have the same glasses at some point? Even Quinto’s upper eyelids look more an more like Nimoy’s? His face is also less puffy than before. He’s really becoming Spock/Nimoy. It’s almost scary… He only needs to learn about shaving properly.

Jan
December 10, 2007 1:10 pm

Apart from my interest in any interview of any cast member I would like to get more information about casting in general. There are still a few questions. What parts have Jennifer Morrison and Rachel Nichols? Is one of them going to play Kirks mother? Who is the misterious “federation captain”? Wasn’t it said that this would be a role for an A-Star? What about other possible parts and characters?

December 10, 2007 1:15 pm

You know what they say about a man with big lobes….

December 10, 2007 1:18 pm

I’m beginning to think that Quinto is a Nimoy clone that escaped the island.

Harry Ballz
December 10, 2007 1:30 pm

Yes, it helps if young Spock has big lobes
More important is how he looks in Vulcan robes
And if he can raise one certain eyebrow
We’ll all stand and shout, “hey now!”
It’ll be great, and look, no alien probes! :)

December 10, 2007 1:57 pm

Lobes make the Vulcan. Fascinating.

RoboDude
December 10, 2007 2:02 pm

Good Lord…..with the $$ this guy is being paid you’d think that he’d have
better looking frames for his glasses. What a goofy looking dork! All he needs
now is have them taped in the middle and he’d could pass for Spaz! Then he
could practice that equally silly Pee Wee Herman laugh or giggle and he’d have
it made for sure. Seriously guy…wear contacts or get laser surgery.

December 10, 2007 2:11 pm

It would appear that he has successfully spliced Nimoy’s genome into his own and thus transfiguring into Quinoy…..!

Red Shirt
December 10, 2007 2:51 pm

Did anyone see Drew Struzan’s new Indy IV teaser art? I would LOVE him to create a poster for 2008’s Star Trek. What think my message board mates and matettes?

Danya Romulus
December 10, 2007 2:56 pm

19- I do not agree. I think Struzan’s look is retro-in-a-painful-way, not in the sleek-modern-revision-retro thing we’ve seen from the two (imo) truly awesome posters they’ve released for Trek so far.

In addition, his style is indelibly associated with George Lucas and Star Wars.

December 10, 2007 2:59 pm

Pine + Quinto = Pinto.

that is all. carry on, soldiers.

BEST!!

=h=

What is it with you?
December 10, 2007 3:00 pm

#17. LOL

He’s hiding his spockbrows, that’s all.

December 10, 2007 3:03 pm

Better pic here – trek burns and all.

What is it with you?
December 10, 2007 3:04 pm

oh crap… I mean here.

RoboDude
December 10, 2007 3:19 pm

Not better at all. Allow me to explain the situation and your picture.
Spaz just seen underage (under 18) girl or MILF.
Slow down Spasm…(Spaz) drink your milk and eat your cookies first.

spoiler alert
December 10, 2007 4:19 pm

SteveinSF
December 10, 2007 4:48 pm

Qunito overload.

Aaron R. (Sisko never needed lobe extensions... He was all natural)
December 10, 2007 5:03 pm

To much Quinto interviews… I mean come on the time for words is over! I want PICS. Cast pics damn it… I want cast pics that don’t look like they could be a blurry shot from some random freak in the street… So what if she looks mildly green I want to see a clear pic to know its not just a camera trick or fluke…

Aaron R.

JBS
December 10, 2007 6:25 pm

His upper eyelids do look more like Nimoy’s than they used to. How did they do that?

Jackson Roykirk
December 10, 2007 6:49 pm

Quinto looks like SongeBob getting ready to go jellyfishing with those glasses.
(those of you with children — or those of you who are childlike — know what I’m talking about.)

J.D. Lee
December 10, 2007 6:58 pm

29. I know! How did they do that?

I like Quinto…he’s a brilliant actor and a nice dude.

Red Shirt
December 10, 2007 7:10 pm

Maybe the next teaser poster will be a chair, flying in space, telling us about needing seatbelts to watch the film safely.

Will
December 10, 2007 7:14 pm

The picture on the main page looks almost ZACHtly like Nimoy.

Kigs
December 10, 2007 7:55 pm

Awesome!:)

Darth Ballz
December 10, 2007 8:23 pm

Quinto!

I was hoping if anyone in the production knew when Quinto has a bowel movement? Also if Quinto and Nimoy will have movements at the same time working togeather?

Darth “Quinto the fresh maker” Ballz

Darth Ballz
December 10, 2007 8:27 pm

Quinto!

In the space time continum I’m from Quinto wasen’t cast as Spock but was cast as Uncle Joey in Full House. That Uncle Joey sureis funny!

Darth “Quinto does the Olsen Twins” Ballz

Aaron R. (Sisko never needed lobe extensions... He was all natural)
December 10, 2007 8:47 pm

Darth your first post is funny but the second… meh…

The Vulcanista
December 10, 2007 10:09 pm

You guys are just jealous! };-P

I’m perfectly happy to have my Quinto fix, daily, weekly, whatev’! Rowr!

AFA the resemblance, I think it was girl6 who speculated on some baby-mama drama back in Nimoy’s past, oh, say, about 1976/77. You were dead on, girl!

Peace. Live long and prosper.
The Vulcanista }:-|

steve623
December 10, 2007 10:25 pm

Re: #35 – I wonder if Darth remembers Kevin Nealon and Victoria Jackson on SNL as a newlywed couple so in love and so intent on spending every moment together that they cherished the two-seater Love Toilet, “for couple who can’t bear to spend even a moment apart”.

The Vulcanista
December 10, 2007 11:11 pm

I can *totally* see Grunberg as some sort of Starfleety-y type guy! Hope that little bit of casting works out.

Peace. Live long and prosper.
The Vulcanista }:-|

The Vulcanista
December 10, 2007 11:18 pm

“Starfleety-y”??
I can’t believe that came from *my* fingertips!

Sheesh, it’s time for sleep ’cause I’m obviously-y sleepy-y.

Night, y’all!

Peace. Live long and prosper.
The Vulcanista }:-|

December 11, 2007 12:13 am

Yes, Sponge bob……I am laughing hestircly. Like a vulcan gone nutty

December 11, 2007 12:17 am

And On GREG. Yah, I may have only watched like half of the first season of heroes so far, but is it just me, or is his the weakest of the characters. Someone give me a good reason to think he is a good actor (okey maybe, but not good by any stretch. That said, I still think it’s cool that JJ has been loyal to him through so many projects.

arrghh
December 11, 2007 12:38 am

If Grunberg loses enough weight, he’ll be cast in the movie as a red shirt. Quick cameo, quick exit.

You KNOW it’s true. :)

Snake
December 11, 2007 2:27 am

19 – i want to see a return to the posters of TOS movies….TNGs were pretty whack (well the Gen and 1st Contacts were ok)

Snake
December 11, 2007 2:31 am

46 – oh and ZQ looks so much like Nimoy in that pic…out of the 7 he seems to be the closest in looks to his older counterpart

just about all the cast bear quite a good resembelence to the original actors (yes even Pegg although i hope he dyes or dons a wig – i dont wanna see a blond scotty…this aint a 007 reboot) although i hope Urban looks a few pounds.

Snake
December 11, 2007 2:36 am

44 – if Grungberg loses weight people will wonder what Keanu Reeves is doing in star trek

Oh and Quinto looks so much like Niomy in that pic – out of the 7 he’s the one that looks the most like his older counterpart..

Although all of them have got a pretty good likeness – yes even Pegg although i hope he dyes or dons wig – i dontr wanna see a blond Scotty – this aint a Bond reboot

Plus I hope Urban gets rid of the muscles abit – itd be weird seeing a buffed up Bones

Snake
December 11, 2007 2:41 am

oops – double (sort of) post ..

that haoppened cause i posted 46 but it didnt show up so i thought there had been a malfunction so went back and it didnt bring up what i have written so then had to type it out again trying to remember what i wrote..plus i then saw the 44 post about Grunberg and wanted to make the Reeves comment

wow i cant beileve i bothered to type what happened in detail….gotta get less anal bout stuff

jock ewing
December 11, 2007 3:22 am

the more i hear from this guy it confirms what i always believed he’s a duche bag!

Snake