Nokia Star Trek Site Offers Tour of Romulan Narada May 16, 2009by TrekMovie.com Staff , Filed under: Marketing/Promotion,Star Trek (2009 film) , trackback
It turns out that phone maker Nokia, one of Paramount’s Star Trek marketing partners who are already part of the Verizon Trek site, has their own Star Trek site (nokia.com/startrek) , which is themed around the Romulan Narada ship from the movie. Nothing really new at the site, but it does give you a good view of the interior of the Narada, details below.
Nokia and Verizon want you to join Starfleet Academy
When you visit the nokia.com/startrek you will ‘zoom in’ from space to the bridge of the Narada and are asked to complete a ‘crucial task’. Your task is to identify two phones which have a certain set of features, and when you complete the task you get an ‘exclusive clip’, however the clip is actually just the Kirk Meets McCoy clip which was released a while back.
Once completed you are on the bridge of the Narada and you can choose to explore the ship and complete other tasks.
Other tasks you can complete at the site:
- Explore The Galaxy: Info from ‘Romulan Intelligence’ on Earth, Vulcan, Delta Vega, etc.
- Gather Intelligence: More intel on humans and their technology
- Study human communication: History of cellphones, promoting latest Nokia device
- Explore Services: Overviews of Nokia
Here are some screenshots from the site (click to visit the site itself)
More Star Trek partner sites
Here is a run down:
- Intel/Lenovo [boldlygo.intel.com]
- Esurance [esurance.com/startrek]
- Kellogg’s/Keebler [kelloggs.com/promotions/startrek]
& Cheese-It [trekyourself.com]
- Burger King [whenkingonsattack.com]
- Verizon [joinstarfleetacademy.com]