Celebrity,Shatner , trackback
Did you know that William Shatner’s favorite color is that of leaves changing? Truth. And while autumn is a month away, August’s return to school begins thoughts of the season. If the thought of "back to school" is depressing, then how about "Shat to school"? That’s right, the ShatWatch brings you the latest news on William Shatner and his own adventures sure to make you happy despite looming homework.
Time.com Interview – Shat says no to Abrams Star Trek screening
Reporter M.J. Stephey interviews the Shat for Time Magazine Online, with behind the scene information on his recent Conan O’Brien appearances and he shares this when asked if he has seen the new Star Trek film yet:
I haven’t. Abrams sent me a message through the Web — what was it, Twittered me? No. YouTubed me? No, what has he done? E-mailed me. He e-mailed me saying he heard that I hadn’t seen the movie and he’d set up a private screening, and I declined the private screening and told him I’d buy him dinner
Shatner Talks Emmy Nomination
September 20th, Shatner will attend the Emmy’s where he is nominated once again for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama. He talks with TV Guide about the experience.
Shatner’s The Negotiator Bests President
The Opinion Research Corporation conducted an online survey of 1,043 people regarding negotiation. According to a press release by Priceline, "when given a list of candidates who might qualify as the best negotiator out there" the results were:
30% of men chose themselves
21% of women chose their spouse
15% of women chose themselves
12% of men chose their spouse
10% chose William Shatner
9% chose President Barack Obama
Shatner as a Credit Card
Speaking of The Negotiator, Bill’s character is now stunningly rendered on the new Priceline.com VISA rewards card. Get yours here if you’d like to charge with the Shat.
Charge with the Shat
Shatner Helps Protect Salmon
Long before "green" and "conservation" became household words, the Shat has been a champion of the environment. He continues with a letter to Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper about the effects of salmon farms on the wild salmon population. Times Colonist has an article on the Shat’s letter.
Shatner-News Photos of "Shatner Weekend"
Each year, the official William Shatner fan club hosts a "Shatner Weekend" in conjunction with Bill’s charity horse show event. The excellent website Shatner-News.com has photos of this year’s April event.
Giamatti Respects The Shat
In a new interview with the Independent Film Channel.com’s Alison Willmore discussing his new film Cold Souls, actor Paul Giamatti discusses his inspiration for a scene in the film where he sings a bizarre rendition of "Vanya":
Everybody thinks it was William Shatner. I wasn’t consciously thinking Shatner, I love Shatner and I wouldn’t make fun of him. What I was thinking was cheesy, ’70s TV… I mean… that’s Shatner, actually. That’s terrible.
Giamatti respects the Shat
New Shatner Media: Christmas & Everest.
For the Shatner Collector, there are some new item coming out this fall.
- A new holiday compilation CD entitled The Sounds of Christmas (released by independent label SOC Records) will feature a holiday song by Bill. According to the press release, the song was recorded 20 years ago by Shatner to help with his charity. The CD should be available in October, with more information available at soundsofchristmas.com
- Last year, Shatner starred as the voice of Santa Clause in the clever special "Gotta Catch Santa Claus". The DVD of the show will be available on October 13 for $17.99 and is available for preorder at Amazon.
- William Shatner’s 2007 movie Everest starring Eric Johnson (Smallville) and Jason Priestley (90210) is available now on DVD for $24.99 from Amazon. Based on a true story, Shatner plays investigator Norman Kelly in this TV movie.
Shatner Project DVD coming this fall
Following in the footsteps of Joss Whedon’s "Dr. Horrible’s Sing-a-long blog," TrekMovie has learned that William Shatner’s "Shatner Project video blog is headed to DVD this Fall. The DVD will contain classic and new footage, along with a commentary from his daughter Liz and outtakes. It will be available both as a download and DVD, probably around October. TrekMovie will have more details when it becomes available for pre-order.
ShatWatch Watches The The Shat on TV
Take a break from studying by watching William Shatner continue his dominance of all things television. All times are Eastern.
- August 18: Repeat of Shatner’s interview of Leonard Nimoy on Raw Nerve. BIO Channel at 8:30AM
- August 19: Repeat of Shatner’s classic guest starring role on Gunsmoke is available at 2PM on TVLAND.
- August 23: Two new episodes of Animal Planet’s Extraordinary Animals (hosted by Bill) are being shown at 3AM and 3:30AM.