Doctor Who

Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner, Avery Brooks & More Trek Stars At Philadelphia Comic Con This Weekend

This weekend, fans in the Philadelphia, PA area are in for a treat with a number of Trek celebrities headed into town for Wizard World's Philadelphia Comic Con, including Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner, and John DeLancie from TNG, plus Avery Brooks and Cirroc Loften from DS9. The event includes a number of Trek panels, plus signing with the stars. More details below.

Trek stars to Philly this weekend

There will be three Star Trek related panels with five Star Trek celebrities during the Philadelphia Comic Con this weekend.

Saturday: 1pm – 1:45pm — Room 204B
STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE 9 Q&A
Avery Brooks and Cirroc Lofton talk about being Father and Son in SPACE!!

Saturday: 3pm – 3:45pm Room — 201B
STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION Q&A
Have a seat and hear stories from the set from Brent Spiner and John DeLancie!

Sunday: 1pm – 1:45pm — Room 201B
PATRICK STEWART Q&A
Don't miss your chance to hear Professor X/Captain Picard talk about his amazing career!

In addition, more Star Trek star will be at the event signing, including Walter Koenig. William Shatner was originally going to attend the event, but had a conflict and had to cancel.

There will also be panels from other genre stars like Adam West, Bruce Campbell and James Marsters.

MORE SHOW DETAILS

What: Wizard World June Philadelphia Comic Con

When: Friday, June 11 – Sunday, June 13, 2010

Where: Pennsylvania Convention Center, 1101 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107

Price: Daily $30 / Weekend $50

Vanguard
June 10, 2010 2:34 pm

First. Wish I could go.

Chris
June 10, 2010 2:35 pm

At first I thought this con would be awesome, but after finding out that they don’t presell autograph tickets it seems pointless. Who wants to fight with other people and go through the stress of wondering if you’ll get your favorite person to sign something. In terms of guests, wizard con wins. In terms of how they run it, I think Creation wins. But Creation does rip you off in terms of autograph price. I was informed you could wait in line for hours just to get Patrick Stewart’s autograph, and that is IF you get it. I think I’ll stay home and watch Team USA take on England in the World Cup.

Darkthunder
June 10, 2010 2:35 pm

I so hope someone gets a few videos from this convention. Never been to one myself, since most of the bigger ones are in the US, and I live in Sweden.

Lt. Bailey
June 10, 2010 3:51 pm

We went to the Wizard Con in Anaheim on a Saturday back in April.

Willian Shatner was the as well as Brent Spiner, Micheal Dorn and Levar Burton. There was no problem with getting an autograph. No lines at all for these actors. Admittedly, Shatner had a long line but I waited 15 minutes maybe. He was great and very personable at this CON. He actually joked with me and others in line. Smiling and shaking hands, not like at the CON in Vegas but I can see why they rush you through in Las Vegas as that would take all day with nothing but Star Trek fans. Wizard Con brigns out other stars as well so the Star Trek fan base is diluted a bit.

Dr. Image
June 10, 2010 4:10 pm

Oh. For the good old con days in Cleveland…
Hey- Polaris and SFX are around the corner though in Toronto!

TJ Trek
June 10, 2010 4:24 pm

I for one am not really worried about autographs. It’s just not my things. What i’m in up in arms about is the fact that it’s all the way freaking across the country. I live near Portland, Oregon, and I’m saying that we need a con hear. Anyone with me?

Phil
June 10, 2010 4:37 pm

Who picks these topics…
“Avery Brooks and Cirroc Lofton talk about being Father and Son in SPACE!! ”
Come on, folks its a couple of actors talking about their roles on a TV show. I suspect Avery Brooks is a very interesting guy to talk to, but if he drops into character for a panel discussion I’d be wondering if there were a few screws loose.

I know, I’m being a crank….I’m just a bit funny when the reality line blurrs a bit…

nutrekonly
June 10, 2010 5:50 pm

This just looks really lame. Who really gives a flying FUC$ about old trek. Where are the people from the new movie? This is where the interest is at. Color me BORED

Kirk's Revenge
June 10, 2010 8:17 pm

Funny, I’ve always seen trolls as being depicted without much color.

Happy Russia
June 10, 2010 8:18 pm

@nutrekonly:

“This is where the interest is at.”

No, it’s not. ‘Old’ Trek still rules.

“Who really gives a flying FUC$ about old trek”

People here, obviously. GTFO and go troll elsewhere.

Kirk's Revenge
June 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Well, aside from the dolls.

I'm Dead Jim
June 10, 2010 8:20 pm

@8 – Are you nucking futs?!

The Last Maquis
June 10, 2010 8:36 pm

@8. nutrekonly

wow Are you JJ Abrams?

red dead ryan
June 10, 2010 8:53 pm

So you’re bored with “old Trek” then, are you? Yet you read and posted on an article relating to “old Trek”. There is a word for that, let’s see, hmmm, maybe IRONIC?

It’s kind of like some young punk who is a fan of basketball and asks “Who gives a f**k about Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson? It’s all about Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Dwayne Wade!”

Without “old Trek” there would be no “new Trek”. Its just that simple.

Anyway, cool panel. Wish I could go. Its amazing how litttle Patrick Stewart seems to have aged since the end of TNG. Same goes for Avery Brooks.

DS9 IN PRIME TIME
June 10, 2010 9:23 pm

@8 Take your trolly and bitch to someone who cares…

Max
June 10, 2010 9:37 pm

Don’t feed the trolls.

TJ
June 10, 2010 9:57 pm

I just wish that Creation could get Sir Patrick to go to the Las Vegas Convention. He would “Make” the Con.

Crispy
June 11, 2010 4:27 am

@nutrekonly

How can you even type?, your’e obviously so far up JJ’s ass it’s not even funny. I’m quite surprised you can even come out of there to comment on this.

OLLEY OLLEY OLLEY
June 11, 2010 4:57 am

This time!

Keep Patrick Stewart away from the bar

JulienBashir
June 11, 2010 5:58 am

Mhmm, finally this board gets a taste of what it really looks like. Old Trek is boring and lame, nuTrek is da fudge.

nutrekonly
June 11, 2010 6:32 am

@20 Amen. Old trek is done. The declining ratings for each of the series is evidence of this. New Trek brought NEW fans into the fold, and this pisses off the “Oldtimers”. I think Shatner said it best.
GET A PHUCK1N& LIFE!!!!!!!!!”
JJ RULES. OLD trek is DEAD> DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD

nutrekonly
June 11, 2010 6:59 am

The following is a series of statements that convey reasons why Trek 2009 is far superior to any trek that has come before.
1. If not for TREK 2009, Star Trek would be DEAD. Nuff said.
2. We finally got rid of all the cheesy special effects, and piss poor acting that came to be a trademark of all the previous versions of trek.
3. Trek 09 has great, well thought out production values.
4. The Enterprise finally kicks ass. This ship could blow up the moon if it really wanted to!! The old Enterprise was a lightweight.
5. We finally got rid of all that exploration bullshit.
6. This trek is worthy to compete with jaws, star wars, and back to the future.
Well, there it is guys. Trek is dead, long live the new trek.

NX01
June 11, 2010 7:15 am

Um guys old Trek is not dead. You can watch old trek any time you feel like it ,and it is just as good. I have the DVDs I still watch them. I also have the new movie, I watch that too. There is room for both. I am actually at the convention now waiting to go in. I can’t wait to see all of the old trek stars.

Lore
June 11, 2010 7:17 am

#19 Why do you think Stewart is the only star doing his Q&A alone. No one wants him to ask to see their belly, or find out if Brent Spiner fancies the Jonas Bros.

Lore
June 11, 2010 7:19 am

#23 Holy Geriatrics NX01!!!! Make sure you get an autograph from Adam West!!!!

Dave in RI
June 11, 2010 7:28 am

@21 “OLD trek is DEAD> DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD”

Yeah, OK Trelane. Whatever

nutrekonly
June 11, 2010 7:51 am

It is not possible to like both. One in vastly inferior, the other is pure greatness. New trek is the future. The future is bright. The future has begun. The future shall now consume all that had been, and all that will be. This is the nature of the universe. Red Matter Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OLLEY OLLEY OLLEY
June 11, 2010 8:48 am

20. JulienBashir
21. nutrekonly

I bet my Mortgage that those two idiots are Trolling from the same IP address

nutrekonly
June 11, 2010 8:52 am

HEY SHERLOCK ABOVE,
HERES A QUARTER, BUY A CLUE.
POOP ON YOU

OLLEY OLLEY OLLEY
June 11, 2010 10:24 am

Maybe its Patrick Stewart!
His put downs are just ridiculous.

Patrick, If that is you and your wanting to become a comedian, first of, PUT DOWN THE BOTTLE and then hire some writers when you’ve cleaned up.

nutrekonly
June 11, 2010 10:30 am

Thats SIR to you. Please reference the Battle of Marcaic. Once you have done this, then all will be revealed………………………………………..MIRI

June 11, 2010 10:47 am

nutrekonly

warning for trolling. Move on please, and stop hijacking this thread. Everyone else stop feeding the troll

comments to

NX01
June 11, 2010 4:13 pm

I just came back form the convention. Day 1 was really great. Avery Brooks was very nice to me. Brent Spiner is a very funny man. I had no Idea how funny the man was, he could do stand up comedy. My only problem is that the photos ops are a bit expensive. There is a 3rd party company that you have go through, and they are kind of jacking the prices up this year.But whatever I had a good time and I can’t wait to go back tomorrow.

David G.
June 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Responding to #33: That’s what I REALLY miss about most any of the conventions now. It wasn’t that long ago — even when “Voyager” was on — that the celebrities/organizers would let you snap a photo with your own camera as you were meeting the actor at the autograph table … or to even take a moment to STEP BEHIND THE TABLE and pose RIGHT ALONGSIDE the signer. Now … there’s they’ve got this annoying company that hits most of the bigger shows and charges $30 and up for photo ops with even the most minor of TV performers. I can see offering that service for someone the likes of Patrick Stewart or Leonard Nimoy, just to thin out the crowd a bit. But it’s not like these 8x10s have any sort of actual -monetary- resale value to anyone … unlike an autograph.

So much for appreciations for the fans who made these people who they are….

Wil Wheaton is still one of the unfortunately few classy and completely fan-friendly convention guests these days. In Seattle for the past couple of years, he’s charged NOTHING for signatures, except for whatever photos and comics he has available at his table. And he lets ANYONE pose with him to take a free picture with him with their own camera. (In the words of Laslo Toth: Stand up and take a bow, Wil Wheaton. You deserve it!)

JulienBashir
June 12, 2010 4:11 pm

The more time passes, the more these conventions will become like in Galaxy Quest. Actors getting old and grumpy because after Trek they never really got a better gig. And the fans will be milked to death, as David G. already said.

June 13, 2010 2:20 am

I should have booked in a flight… I’m heading to LFCC who have foolishly clashed their dates with this and cut out a lot of good oppertunities.

Son of Sarek
June 13, 2010 9:36 pm

Here are photos from the event. One of the best conventions of the many I have attended over the years. A remarkable opportunity to interact with many of great Trek alumni, especially Sir Patrick Stewart! Very entertaining panels as well.

Here is a link to the photos of Trek stars at the event!

nx01
June 14, 2010 7:03 am

Thank You Son Of Sarek. This was a good event I had a great time.