EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Fringe’s Lance Reddick Is Trekkie & Wants Sequel Role + Anna Torv Talks Nimoy’s Last Day June 29, 2010by Anthony Pascale , Filed under: Celebrity,Fringe,Interview,Nimoy , trackback
Last Thursday JJ Abrams Fringe won two acting Saturn Awards (Ann Torv and Leonard Nimoy. TrekMovie spoke to Nimoy and Torv along with Fringe’s Lance Reddick before the show. Torv talked about season 3 of Fringe and being the last actress to work with Nimoy. Reddick talked about S3 and his goal of getting into the Star Trek sequel. And Nimoy reacted to Bill Shatner’s disbelief of his retirement. See video and more photos below
Fringe actors talk Star Trek and Nimoy and Fringe Season 3
- Expects S3 of Fringe to "spend a lot of time going back and forth between universes"
- Expects to see "a lot of development" between the two Olivias
- Says he is a really big Star Trek fan, with Voyager as favorite show
- Reddick "had a crush" on Captain Janeway
- Favorite VOY episode "Year of Hell"
- He has "absolutely" lobbied for a part in Star Trek, but it was too late for first movie
- Abrams said maybe a role in the sequel
- Thinks it is possible that William Bell (Nimoy) can return to Fringe, as "anything is possible" with JJ Abrams
- Shooting starts next week on season 3
- Expects that the casting of her mother is for the mother of the alternate universe Olivia
- She didn’t until later her scenes with Nimoy for Fringe were to be his last as an actor, but says he still got a huge round of applause when he wrapped
- Didn’t get much time with Nimoy, only got asked to react to William Shatner’s claim that his retirement isn’t real, Nimoy’s only reaction was "who?"
Photos courtesy of Albert L. Ortega