Trek Vets Come Up Empty On Emmy Night August 29, 2010by TrekMovie.com Staff , Filed under: Awards,Celebrity,ST09 Creative,Trek on TV , trackback
The 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Award were held tonight in Los Angeles. Amongst the nominees were several Trek vets, including Star Trek 2009′s Damon Lindelof and Michael Giacchino, as well as Star Trek: The Next Generation’s Patrick Stewart. However, the night wasn’t golden for the Trek vets. A full breakdown for how it went below, with some pictures from the event.
Trek Vets come up empty on Emmy night
A number of Star Trek veterans from both sides of the camera were nominated for Emmys being presented tonight, including TNG’s Jean Luc Picard himself Patrick Stewart. Star Trek producers JJ Abrams and Damon Lindelof’s Lost was also up for a number of awards, including Best Drama, However, none of the Trek vets ended up winning. Here is a breakdown of Star Trek celebs who were nominated by didn’t win at tonight’s Emmys:
- Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) nominated for Best Supporting Actor in Miniseries or Movie for Hamlet lost to David Strathairn (Temple Grandin)
- Damon Lindelof (producer of Star Trek) nominated for Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series in Lost, lost to Matthew Weiner Erin Levy (Mad Men)
- Michael Giacchino (composer: Star Trek) nominated for Outstanding Music Composition For A Series (Lost), lost to Sean P. Callery (24)
- JJ Abrams & Damon Lindelof (producers: Star Trek) nominated for Outstanding Drama Series (Lost), lost out to the producers for Mad Men
- Terry O’Quinn (Adm. Eric Pressman, TNG’s “The Pegasus”) nominated for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama series (Lost), lost to Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad)
- Gregory Itzin (various guest spots on Trek) nominated as Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series in 24 lost to John Lithgow (Dexter).
- Robert Schenkkan (TNG: Lt. Cmdr. Dexter Remmick) nominated for Outstanding Writing for a Miniseries (The Pacific), lost to Adam Mazer (You Don’t Know Jack)
- Tom Bergeron (ENT: D’Marr "Oasis") nominated for Outstanding Host For A Reality Program (Dancing with the Stars), lost to Jeff Probst (Survivor)
A full list of winners is available at Emmys.com.
Patrick Stewart at Emmys on Sunday August 29
Patrick Stewart with guest at Emmys on Sunday August 29
Scott Bakula and wife Chelsea Field at Emmys on Sunday August 29
Creative Arts Emmy Winners
Last weekend the Academy of TV held the Creative Arts Emmys which is where many of the technical awards were handing out. Around a dozen Trek vets were nominated for awards and three Trek won:
John E. Sullivan and Jerry Pooler (photographic effects cameramen on Star Trek: The Motion Picture) were part of the team that won for Outstanding Visual Effects for a Miniseries (The Pacific)
Joshua Cushner (DS9/VOY vfx cameraman) was part of the team that won for Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Series (CSI)