Chris Pine & Simon Pegg Denied Star Trek Sequel Spoilers By Producer + POLL: Too Much Secrecy? March 17, 2011by TrekMovie.com Staff , Filed under: Celebrity,Star Trek Into Darkness , trackback
The whole world (or at least the geekverse) wants to know what is going to happen in the 2012 Star Trek sequel. Over the last week we have reported on the musings of Simon Pegg who admits he knows nothing, but in a new interview he reveals that he and co-star Chris Pine have tried to get spoilers – only to be denied. Plus we have Pegg’s new Paul promo skit from Funny or Die. We also have a new poll on Bad Robot Star Trek secrecy
Star Trek sequel producer ‘reveals nothing’ to Pine and Pegg
In what is (probably) our last article on Simon Pegg’s Paul publicity tour, the Scotty actor again repeated that he has not read the Star Trek sequel script but hears good buzz. Apparently, like us, he wants to get more info, but in another interview he reveals that he and Pine have tried (and failed) to get spoilers (via Philly.com):
"As far as I know we’re slated to start work on it in late summer," [Pegg] says. "I’ve only heard rumors about the script from people within [Abrams’ production company] Bad Robot, who say it’s really exciting and they’re happy about the way it’s going."
He recently had dinner with Chris Pine, who plays Captain Kirk, and producer Bryan Burk, who revealed nothing, despite Pegg and Pine’s best efforts.
"The way information is disseminated, you can’t keep secrets anymore, so the best thing to do is to keep schtum," Pegg says.
Funny or Die Paul Promo + (Mostly) Positive Reviews
New video released Thursday with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost promoting Paul at Area 51, with a little help from the US Government.
Pegg’s new movie Paul opens in North America Friday the 18th. Right now the Rotten Tomatoes Meter has an review average of 65%, making the film certified fresh.
More info at www.whatispaul.com
POLL: Too secretive?
Do you want spoilers, or is the Bad Robot cone of silence the best way?