Celebrity,Conventions/Events/Attractions,Nimoy,TNG,TOS,TrekMovie.com,VOY , trackback
This weekend Star Trek stars and TrekMovie.com are headed to Arizona for Phoenix Comicon. The Trek luminaries attending including Leonard Nimoy, Wil Wheaton, George Takei and Robert Duncan McNeill, along with other big stars from science fiction and comic books. Details below.
Trek Stars and TrekMovie at Phoenix Comicon
Phoenix Comicon, a very fan friendly con, has grown to be one of the biggest events in the west with a crowd estimated at 20,000+ for this weekend. Previews kick off tomorrow and the event runs through Sunday May 29th at the Hyatt Regency in Phoenix, Arizona.
This year there are a number of big Star Trek stars for the event, including Leonard Nimoy, Wil Wheaton, George Takei and Robert Duncan McNeill. Also on hand will be Battlestar Galactica’s Aaron Douglas, Babylon 5’s Bruce Boxleitner, Stargate’s Paul McGillion (who was also in Star Trek), Chuck’s Adam Baldwin, Billy Dee Williams (Lando!), Marvel Comics’ Stan Lee and many more.
On Friday at 3:00 I will be hosting a TrekMovie panel and discussion (called "Star Trek Lives Again!") all about the latest news in Star Trek, including the Star Trek sequel. I will be joined by some other fans and Morgan Gendel. I will also be modering the George Takei and Leonard Nimoy panels.
A weekend ticket costs only $35, with lower prices for single day passes. More info at www.phoenixcomicon.com.
Here again is the Star Trek-themed commercial for Phoenix Comicon:
Schedule of Trek stuff
Here is the schedule of Star Trek-related panels
- Spotlight on Paul McGillion (Star Trek 2009): Friday 1:30pm – 2:30pm
- Star Trek Lives Again! (w/ Anthony Pascale, Morgan Gendel, Chris Swanson, and Dr. David Williams): Friday 3:00pm – 4:00pm
- Morgan Gendel writer of TNG’s The Inner Light: Behind the Scenes: Friday 4:30pm – 5:30pm
- Sherry Jackson ( android "Andrea" TOS: "What are Little Girls Made Of?") Spotlight: Friday 6:00pm – 7:00pm
- Storytime with Wil Wheaton$10 registration: Friday 7:30pm – 8:30pm
- Spotlight on Robert Duncan McNeill: Saturday 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- Leonard Nimoy: Saturday 1:30pm – 2:30pm
- Roddenberry Productions Preview: Saturday 3:00pm – 4:00pm
- Jamie Paglia’s Eureka! (w/ Wil Wheaton): Saturday 4:30pm – 5:30pm
- Spotlight on George Takei: Sunday 10:30am – 11:30am
- Chuck! Adam Baldwin and Robert Duncan McNeill: Sunday 1:30pm – 2:30pm
- * Aaron Douglas and Paul McGillion: Sunday (Star Trek 2009)) 3:00pm – 4:00pm