Visit The Official Star Trek Shop Now!

Watch: Takei & Celebrity Apprentice Men’s Team Debates Star Trek Name

The new season of Celebrity Apprentice has premiered, with Star Trek’s George Takei as one of the celebrities. The first task for the men’s team was to name the team. George tried to inject some sci-fi into the mix, resulting in some talk about Star Trek, with Adam Corolla hitting back hard against anything Trek. Watch it below.

George Takei on Celebrity Apprentice – Adam Corolla shuts down any talk of Trek

George Takei suggests "Galactic Force" for the men’s team name on Celebrity Apprentice, sparking some Star Trek debate. Watch Adam Corolla say "Do we have to pretend we like Star Trek? I had neighbors who were Trekkies…they were alcoholics." Here is the clip via Hulu.

The Celebrity Apprentice airs on Sundays at 9PM on NBC

windelkin
February 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Welcome back Trekmovie! I’m glad the hibernation is over. It’s good to see something, anything posted. I may have to watch this new season of the Apprentice.

Son of Sarek
February 22, 2012 3:00 pm

Adam Corolla, clearly not of the body. Did appreciate Trump defending Takei against the “meek” comment by the American Chopper brute.

dill
February 22, 2012 3:06 pm

Takei is out of place on this show!!!
Go Mitt

February 22, 2012 3:39 pm

“Neighbors who were Trekkies,….they were alcoholics”. Funny line Corolla but I think you’re identifying the wrong group. Sounds like NASCAR watchers or something like that to me.

@2 Yes, he is not of the body. He must be excised.

Orb of the Emissary
February 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Adam Corolla will be assimilated into the Trek Collective. Resistance is Futile.

Let Them Eat Plomeek Soup
February 22, 2012 5:03 pm

Oh lordy…I promised myself I would never be surprised by George Takei (again), but…oh lordy.

So what name did they pick?

the Dogfaced Boy
February 22, 2012 5:04 pm

Corolla sounds like one of those guys who call anyone who has a drink, an alcoholic. I never noticed how he’s about one step away from being Gilbert Godfrey.

February 22, 2012 8:07 pm

Wait a minute…. They spit out Enterprise as a name. Hellllloooo? Perfect. Team Enterprise.

And i know Adam is joking about Star Trek but hey Adam weren’t you on “The Man Show?” And you played a male chauvinist pig. And yeah, you weren’t acting. . I keeed. I keeed.

Sebastian S.
February 22, 2012 8:49 pm

I’ve known many alcoholics who WEREN’T Trekkies… so what?
In fact, I’d say most of the overly negative people I’ve known in life tend NOT to be Trekkies (Trekkies tend to be a fiercely optimistic lot).

I did have a good laugh at Corolla’s suggestion for a name though; the urinal cakes. Crude, but funny. His book is OK too (even though I disagree with about 20% of it).

Herkimer Jitty
February 22, 2012 9:13 pm

Do we have to pretend we like Adam Corolla? I had neighbors who liked Adam Corolla…they weren’t very funny.

danielcraigsmywookiebitchnow
February 22, 2012 11:02 pm

Everyone should send that untalented hack a stuffed tribble or a pair of spock ears

danielcraigsmywookiebitchnow
February 23, 2012 12:41 am

I have a feeling George is in it, for the long haul, he may or may not win but i definately see him making it all the way through to the final 2

Horatio
February 23, 2012 5:55 am

Ah Adam. I really liked you until that comment.

Well, i’ll like you anyway but you’re now a putz.

Danpaine
February 23, 2012 6:07 am

I’d never watch a show like that regardless of who is on it. What crap.

MONGO
February 23, 2012 7:52 am

Mongo not watch apprentice show. Mongo not watch Corolla mans.

Mongo agree with Basement Blogger mans. On show about business Enterprise name make sense. And not just because ship name.

Still, Mongo not watch apprentice show.

Gary Neumann