Fandango - Star Trek: Beyond Movie Tickets

(Fan-made) Star Trek Sequel Teaser Fakes Out Internet

Anticipation for the first teaser from JJ Abrams Star Trek sequel is running very high so today when one appeared to show up on the web a few sites immediately declared it real. Unfortunately they didn’t read the fine print. But this new fan-made teaser is quite impressive. Watch it below

Fake Teaser for Star Trek Sequel

The following trailer hit the web this morning

It spawned articles about the release of the Star Trek teaser at a number of websites. However, Senator Vreenak has something to say about that…

While the teaser is impressive, Vreenak spotted many clues to its fakeness, but the biggest one was actually in the description of the video on YouTube, which included the following…

While fans eagerly await any and every piece of content concerning J.J.’s frontier, we at MOVIECLIPS took it upon ourselves to get our hands dirty with the excitement in this fan-made teaser trailer. We’ll be right on deck ready to bring you the official trailer when it debuts, until then, hope you enjoy!

THX-1138
June 6, 2012 10:32 am

Wow, my first comment has been deleted. Or maybe this memory wipe was more thorough than anticipated.

I won’t post it again, but your original fake teaser is still the best AP.

Montreal_Paul
June 6, 2012 11:12 am

This was extremely well done. I have worked in the film & television industry for over 20 years and I can say that the editing was very professionally done! Kudos to the fakers!!

June 6, 2012 11:17 am

some comments…and if I’m not mistaken,…a whole thread. I was really digging that footage of Merv Griffin show with Shatner and company on it. “Ooooh, we’ll be right back.” Is that coming back?

Jeff
June 6, 2012 3:47 pm

The shot of Brad Dourif from Alien Ressurection was the giveaway!

Lt. Daniels
June 7, 2012 5:17 am

With this trailer he is hoping that khan is in the next Star Trek movie. But with Cumberatch in the movie I think it’s more likely he will play Lore or Data. A Kirk and Spock meet Lore and Data movie.

Sarah Stroud
June 7, 2012 9:48 pm

We got Strartrekmovie.com for the last movie to tickle our pallets for the first movie. I’m getting thirsty. Can JJ Abrams throw us a little morsel? Just one? Please? Pretty please?

CoffeeProf
June 11, 2012 7:11 pm

Even if it’s fake, it’s rather impressive.

Xplodin_Nacelle
June 14, 2012 3:05 pm

It’s impressive enough that it makes me want to watch this fan’s Trek movie too