Into Darkness London Event w/ Burk, Cumberbatch & Eve: New Character Details + Runtime + Photos & Video December 14, 2012by TrekMovie.com Staff , Filed under: Spoilers,Star Trek Into Darkness , trackback
Earlier today Paramount took their Star Trek Into Darkness promotional tour to London where Brit stars Alice Eve and Bendedict Cumberbatch previewed the movie prologue and had a Q&A with the press, joined by producer Bryan Burk. There were some new details revealed, including a target run time for the movie and more information about Eve and Cumberbatch’s characters. Get the London highlights below along with audio, video and photos from the event. [Some Spoilers]
Highlights from London Into Darkness Press Event w/ new character reveals
Benedict Cumberbatch, Alice Eve, and producer Bryan Burk were at the BFI IMAX theater on Friday to promote Star Trek Into Darkness. They were joined by Simon Pegg and JJ Abrams via recorded messages. TrekMovie has distilled the info given out in interviews and via the Q&A to the press and compiled some videos, audio and photos from the event.
Here are some highlights…
- Bryan Burk (and JJ Abrams via recorded message) indicate run time for Into Darkness will be 2 hours – with "upwards of 40 minutes" shot with IMAX cameras
- Burk refuses to take bait on confirming "Khan," saying" our villain is John Harrison"
- Eve reveals her Carol Marcus is "a doctor, a PhD" and (in interview with IGN) says Marcus is a weapons expert
- Cumberbatch describes Harrison as "a terrorist" who "does despicable things for a noble cause"
- Also reveals Harrison is a master at in weapons, hand to hand combat and "psychological warfare"
- Burk said that they felt even with all the good will from 2009’s Star Trek they team wanted to "step up our game" and make Into Darkness "much bigger than [2009's Star Trek]" but with also more "character development" as well
- Burk says John Harrison is "a much stronger villain" than Nero (in ST09)
- Burk reveals that even though London in Into Darkness featured, no shooting was in London
Press even Q&A audio (via TasticFilm)
IGN UK spoke to Cumberbatch and Eve at the event where they talk about the grey areas of the villain John Harrison. She describes
And here is a video of Eve and Cumberbatch chatting with the "Trekkie Girls" podcasters. Eve talks about the "richness" of the Star Trek universe and how it was a thrilling experience. Cumberbatch talks about the "fun" of the rumors and speculation, but also how his character is "three dimensional."