Visit The Official Star Trek Shop Now!

Photos: Pine, Quinto, Urban & Abrams Surf Australia + TrekMovie Post-Premiere Spoiler Policy

Star Trek Into Darkness director JJ Abrams along with actors Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Karl Urban are getting ready for the Sydney, Australia premiere on Tuesday. Today they did some posing to promote the movie. Check out those photos below plus a note on TrekMovie’s policy regarding spoilers following the premiere.

Pine, Quinto, Abrams and Urban surfing to Sydney Premiere

The international Star Trek Into Darkness tour starts Tuesday with the gala red carpet premiere in Sydney, Australia. Director JJ Abrams and producer Bryan Burk are already in Australia with actors Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Karl Urban (from neighboring New Zealand). Chris, Zach, Karl and JJ posed for some pictures today at the beach with some cool Into Darkness surfboards. Here are some photos from the press event.

TrekMovie at Sydney Red Carpet

TrekMovie will be covering the Star Trek Into Darkness red carpet from the Sydney, Australia. The carpet opens at 6PM Sydney time (9AM in the UK, 4AM Eastern, 1AM Pacific). We will be live tweeting some pictures from @trekmovie plus posting more high resolution images later Tuesday here at the site along with any video interviews we can get with the Trek celebs.

TrekMovie Will NOT Spoil Into Darkness

Even though the film is premiering in Australia (and then other cities over the next weeks), TrekMovie.com will not be posting all the major spoilers from the movie. In addition No spoilers will be tweeted @trekmovie either.  Any spoilers that are posted will always be within articles (which are identified as containing spoilers) so you have to click to see them.

Regarding reviews we will likely follow the same pattern we did back in 2009 with Star Trek, so we will start with an early no-spoiler (or minor-spoiler) review (possibly this week). Closer to the release of the film to the public we will have a more detailed (with some spoilers) review. However, TrekMovie will not be doing a full breakdown with every spoiler type of review.

Discussion of the biggest spoilers will likely be held back until after the film has been in theaters.

Reminder: North America Tickets now on sale

Following up from Thursday’s article on ticket sales, the official website now has tickets available past May 17th. In addition Fandango has added more theaters and dates for IMAX, regular 3D and 2D screenings of Star Trek Into Darkness.

Get your tickets to Star Trek Into Darkness

The Professor
April 22, 2013 2:29 pm

Me first!!
Counting down!

DM
April 22, 2013 2:31 pm

Great to be first to say I wish I was in Australia!

ados
April 22, 2013 2:33 pm

No Urban???…he can really surf…..and does it well

ados
April 22, 2013 2:34 pm

oops…he is there….sorry

miguelito1701
April 22, 2013 2:34 pm

I want those boards :)
Sight, I have to wait for JULY. Impossible not to get spoilered … . The second movies of the franchises have always been the top ones. Can´t wait, but I have to

Planet Pandro
April 22, 2013 2:34 pm

now THERE’S our trio…Kirk, Spock and McCoy!

Uncle Protein
April 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Exciting and intense Star Trek action; it does NOT get any hotter than this!!!

Danya
April 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Quinto should really be holding a blue board.

Joe
April 22, 2013 3:15 pm

god chris pine looks so much like chris hemsworth. it’s scary.

Tanner "The Dude" Waterbury
April 22, 2013 3:17 pm

THANK YOU Anthony for keeping the movie plot a surprise.

AJ
April 22, 2013 3:46 pm

JJ looks like he just got off the plane.

Commodore Adams
April 22, 2013 3:46 pm

The boys of trek, the surf boards were a nice touch.

Where are the ladies of trek?

Nice to know how trekmovie will handle spoilers. As with 2009 I am going to avoid reading spoilers. Almost down to three weeks….im certain that I can avoid the spoilers.

Nony
April 22, 2013 3:52 pm

I hope Karl uses that surfboard and takes a video of it. It would be excellent promotion.

It’s hilarious, though, all the guys standing there grinning in the bright sunlight in front of a blue sky and gorgeous beach with pastel surfboards that say – STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS.

T'Cal
April 22, 2013 3:55 pm

As a Beach Boy fan and a Trekker, I couldn’t find these pix any cooler! Let’s go surfin’ now, everybody’s learnin’ how…

rm10019
April 22, 2013 4:05 pm

The blue board should have the Science logo on it :)

Love those boards!!!

NCC-73515
April 22, 2013 4:25 pm

What about comments, can we post everything?
Like after a premiere or preview, can we post “Cumberbatch is XYZ”? ;)

lkf6568
April 22, 2013 4:29 pm

I don’t surf, but I would learn if I had a #STID surfboard.

Theatre Historian
April 22, 2013 4:36 pm

just about 13 1/2 to 14 hours till the lights dim in the theatre and Into Darkness projects on to the screen for an audience for the first time

Very cool!

April 22, 2013 4:36 pm

Looking forward to the non-spoilery review and word of mouth.

Jack
April 22, 2013 4:41 pm

16. I’d hope not — because that’s where the spoiling happens. Any chance of there being a separate “spoiler” thread, like the chat thread, which would be the only place spoilers can be discussed?

Spoilers that were mentioned in one spoiler thread — like ______ doing the jump with Kirk — get mentioned and discussed in other threads almost instantly.

It’s funny – “first!” posters get banned, but spoilers flourish. Oh well.

Regardless, I’d better leave this site for at least three and a half weeks, because I think getting spoiled here is inevitable. I think I’ll have to unfollow Trekmovie and anyone else Trek-related on twitter too. You never know.

Curious Cadet
April 22, 2013 5:02 pm

Do any of those guys actually surf?

Notice there’s a gold and blue surfboard only. A red one would just be asking to get eaten by a shark.

Nony
April 22, 2013 5:23 pm

@21 Curious Cadet

Karl does surf – he put a video of himself surfing up on YouTube as a joke, with a few seconds of JJ on set at the end, when he’d promised Comic-Con some Star Trek footage last year. :)

Marja
April 22, 2013 5:31 pm

#13, Nony, You beat me to it! Same thoughts here. I wonder if anyone else besides Karl surfs – but it sure would be fun to see him using that logo board! Of course being the Doctor he’d have to use the blue one ;)

Good to see him there! Urban’s been one busy guy lately I am sure.

Marja
April 22, 2013 5:34 pm

PS Anthony, Thanks for delineating the spoiler policy. I’ll probably still be too tempted to resist, but it’s good to know I’ll have to decide before opening a spoiler!

Emperor Mike of the Alternate Empire
April 22, 2013 6:08 pm

I so can’t wait till the 15th. I already have my IMAX Ticket and am more then ready.

Emperor Mike of the Alternate Empire
April 22, 2013 6:10 pm

As long as the Surf Board’s are not RED!. That would be a bad thing. Right?

Pensive's Wetness
April 22, 2013 6:19 pm

@5 sounds like your on deployment or something ‘want but can’t’ or doing something limited off/off grid work, mate. sympathies…

Bucky
April 22, 2013 6:22 pm

I may have to bounce from Trekmovie in about a week or so, not that I want to when all of the good stuff is ramping up, but last movie the Spock meets Spock bit was spoiled in a headline / pic before the release, same with the destruction of Vulcan. I realize it’s really hard to define what is a spoiler and what isn’t but I think it’ll be better to err on the side of caution.

steve
April 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Glad to hear about Trekmovie’s spoiler policy. Now if we could just turn off the rest of the internet, maybe we can make it 3-1/2 weeks without being spoiled elsewhere. I have no doubt that even on sites like Google News, an article headline is going to pop up with, “Trek’s John Harrison is really (****)!”

NCC-73515
April 22, 2013 6:46 pm

Exactly. No matter how strongly you avoid spoilers, they will sneak up on you. That’s why I read ’em all immediately XD
Besides, I enjoy discussions about them!

spock69
April 22, 2013 7:11 pm

Can’t wait for the 9th May but anyone who thinks the boards are cool need to ask themselves a few questions and pop into specsavers!
star trek tos beachtowels were weird until i saw these lmao!

Anthony Thompson
April 22, 2013 8:17 pm

Still NO Minneapolis – St. Paul tickets available thru Fandango and only 3D tickets thru the official site. Why are 2D viewers being discriminated against?

Emperor Mike of the Alternate Empire
April 22, 2013 9:00 pm

#33. Time for you to Covert. Lol.

Curious Cadet
April 22, 2013 9:11 pm

@22 Nony,

Oh cool, good to know. That makes sense. Hard to imagine growing up in NZ and not surfing, some of the best breaks in the world.

Trekboi
April 22, 2013 10:55 pm

In Sydney & Will be at the premier tonight- but won’t spoil anything I promise ;)

April 23, 2013 12:20 am

Thanks, Anthony for the spoiler policy.
Good luck to all of us on that one, but thanks. Don’t want to stay away for 3 weeks.

Did we hear from JJ on why there’s a 3 week spread with the US coming last? (I suspect Guam is used to spoilers, but was kinda surprised by the move — and yes, I know Guam is a U.S. territory, but you know what I mean.)

Dave in RI
April 23, 2013 12:24 am

I think trying to avoid spoilers is a good way to drive yourself crazy–especially in this age of the Internet. I remember reading the fan mail section of a Starlog issue back in 1980 when “The Empire Strikes Back” premiered.
This one fellow painstakenly avoided reading or watching anything to do with the movie in order to be completely surprised. He made it all the way to the day of the movie. As he was standing in line waiting for the next movie, the previous movie was let out. Some of the people filing out were discussing the movie and happened to mention VADER IS LUKE’S FATHER as they passed him. He ended his letter with “Have you ever seen a grown man cry?”

True story.

ObsessiveStarTrekFan
April 23, 2013 12:49 am

According to the imdb site, there are 20 countries with release dates after USA. The last is Japan on 23 August.

April 23, 2013 1:11 am

I think one thing that will be on internet sites around the world within a few hours is that Khan is not in the film.

JRT!
April 23, 2013 1:26 am

Looking forward to all the spoilers,lol!

AyanEva
April 23, 2013 2:01 am

#40- That’s the one spoiler that I will actively be looking for online. I’m convinced Harrison is NOT Khan and I just need to know if I’m right or not. I can wait for everything else but I just have to know the answer to that!

I mean, the knowledge won’t make a difference with regard to whether I see the movie or not and it won’t change my level of extreme excitement for the film. I just need to know because, well…just because.

AyanEva
April 23, 2013 2:14 am

Hmmm…on second thought, after reading an article on why maybe I shouldn’t go looking for the spoiler, maybe I’ll wait to be surprised. It’s tempting though. It really is.

MelyBelle44
April 23, 2013 5:22 am

Wow….four very handsome fellas.

Very, very niiice.

JRT!
April 23, 2013 7:10 am

I just wanna know…..EVERYTHING! LOL! Nah,just who dies and that Khan crap. More interested in seeing new Superman movie now anyways,lol! Oh the beauty of a short attention span,lol!

J-R!

SpockSan
April 23, 2013 7:53 am

1 review now online. Spoiler free from 3 News NZ. Says its great.

Jerry Modene
April 23, 2013 7:56 am

Speaking of spoilers… the novelization of STTMP came out about a week or two before the release of the movie on December 8, 1979. Big mistake. I read the novelization and was disappointed that so much of what was in it (such as Kirk’s two-year marriage contract with Admiral Lori Ciani) was taken out.

Trekboi
April 23, 2013 8:15 am

At Sydney premier, I know all lol

DaveysLocker RRRRRR!
April 23, 2013 8:15 am

2nd review = IGN. 8/10.

Moputo Jones
April 23, 2013 8:58 am

IGN’s review is spoiler-free, for those wishing to avoid such things. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/23/star-trek-into-darkness-igns-review