As we all wait on baited breath for 50th anniversary merchandising (not to mention Star Trek Beyond merchandising) to kick it up a notch, CBS has just announced 32 new licensees to the Star Trek brand. Hit the jump for info on what toys, tees, and gizmos we can expect in the near future.
As a part of CBS Consumer Products’ 50th anniversary global merchandising program, we get 32 newly licensed companies producing official Star Trek merch for us to empty our pocketbooks on.
“This is going to be a landmark year for Star Trek and we are thrilled to have so many new licensing partners on board for fans around the world who love this iconic franchise,” said Liz Kalodner, executive vice president and general manager of CBS Consumer Products.”
Apparel and Wearables
In the wearables department, we’ve got a number of new licensees waiting to fill your wardrobe: from running apparel by Brainstorm to Accutime’s line of Star Trek themed watches.
- Accutime Watch Corporation: watches
- Brainstorm: running apparel
- Burlee: footwear
- Katalyst: apparel and giftware
- Logoshirt: apparel
- Nimble Solutions: scarves and umbrellas
- Planet Replica: watches and home accessories
- Rosstamps Confecção e Estamparia Eirelli: apparel
- Santex: apparel
- SNI Optometric: eyeglasses and accessories
- Somerbond: sleepwear
- Threadless: t-shirts and socks
- Unemployed Philosophers: watches and novelty items
Collectibles and Gift Items
I’m not exactly sure what the category of “giftware” covers, but I’d imagine it’s stuff I can put on a shelf and occasionally dust.
- Abysse: giftware
- Build-A-Bear Workshop–50th anniversary collection make-your-own “Star Trek” furry friend with clothing and accessories
- Josma Sport: giftware
- Roads Innovation: levitating ship collectibles
- Sun-Staches: novelty sunglasses
- That Company Called If: bookmarks
- Titan: vinyl figures
- Wish Factory: plush collectibles
Toys and Games
A wooden tri-dimensional chess set really captures that old yet new niche.
- Gale Force Nine: hobby games
- FameTek: headphones and Bluetooth speakers
- Spin Master: remote control vehicles
- Wooden Expressions and The Franklin Mint: co-branded tri-dimensional chess set
- USAopoly: board games
Expanding the expanded universe!
- Cross Cult: novels
- National Geographic: Star Trek Guide to Our Universe book
- Price Stern Sloan: Star Trek Mad Libs and Kirk’s Journal
- KV&H Verlag: calendars
- United States Postal Service: stamps
- Thomas Tucker: confectioneries