Star Trek Online celebrates its 7th Anniversary in style with an expansion pack that includes new missions, new ships, and the visualization of a race that was discussed but never shown on screen.
To celebrate the launch of Star Trek Online: Season 12 – Reckoning, TrekMovie is teaming up with Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios to give 5 lucky winners a Tier 6 Elachi Ornash Battlecruiser. Read on for details on the new expansion and learn how you can win.
The new story arc, dubbed “Reckoning”, will feature a new Lukari ship that the fans help design and will also be the STO debut of actor Tony Todd, who will be playing the role of General Rodek. Fans, of course, know him as Worf’s brother Kurn on TNG.
Perhaps the most intriguing part of this is expansion is the debut of the Tzenkethi, a race the Federation has warred with in the past and were mentioned in a few episodes of DS9 but never shown on screen. Game developer Cryptic Studios based their designs for them on descriptions from Robert Hewitt Wolfe, who co-wrote all the episodes the Tzenkethi were featured in and has described them as “heavily-armored lizard things”. Cryptic is clearly setting them up to be a major foe for armchair captains to overcome.
“Reckoning” is available now for the PC, with the console versions arriving at a later date.
- Faction: All
- Tier: 6
- Required Rank: Rear Admiral, Sub Admiral I or Brigadier General (Level 40)
- Hull Strength: 42,000 at level 40, 48,300 at level 50 and 56,000 at level 60
- Shield Modifier: 1.2
- Fore Weapons: 4
- Aft Weapons: 4
- Device Slots: 4
- Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Commander Tactical/Command, 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Ensign Science, 1 Lieutenant Universal/Command, 1 Lieutenant Commander Universal
- Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 4 Science
- Base Turn Rate: 10 degrees per second
- Impulse Modifier: 0.15
- Inertia: 30
- +10 to Weapon Power and +10 to Engine Power
- Console – Universal – Enhanced Elachi Subspace Transceiver
- Can Load Dual Cannons
- Starship Mastery Package (Battlecruiser)
- Absorptive Plating (+Physical and Kinetic Damage Resistance)
- Enhanced Weapon Banks (+Critical Severity)
- Enhanced Plating (+Energy Damage Resistance)
- Armored Hull (+Maximum HP)
- Subspace Reinforcements (Starship Trait)
- Cruiser Command Array
- Command – Strategic Maneuvering
- Command – Shield Frequency Modulation
- Command – Weapon System Efficiency
More information from the press release:
These events all transpire in Season 12’s newest featured episode, “Of Signs and Portents.” The update also brings back Star Trek Online’s popular anniversary events and offers players new content to explore, including a challenging new reputation, two new space queues and new Research and Development school.
- New Lukari Science Vessel – Captains can finally earn the community-designed T6 Lukari Ho’kuun Science Vessel by participating in daily anniversary missions and completing the new featured episode.
- Two Daily Anniversary Missions –Completing “Omega Molecule Stabilization Daily” and “Party Patrol” each day will earn dilithium, reputation marks and pictures of Q, which must be collected to earn the new Lukari ship.
- Omega Molecule Stabilization Mini-Game – Players can track down omega particles that Q has scattered across the galaxy and use them to craft upgrade kits.
- New Featured Episode – In the brand new episode, “Of Signs and Portents,” captains team up with the Lukari to battle the Tzenkethi and earn rewards toward the new Lukari Science Vessel.
- New Reputation – “The Lukari Restoration Initiative” allows players to earn marks toward weapons and gear infused with protomatter technology to defend themselves from the Tzenkethi.
- New Crafting School – Season 12 introduces a new Research School to the R&D System, allowing captains to create new kits and modules.
- Two New Space Queues
- “Gravity Kills” – Captains will lead an attack on a Tzenkethi protomatter facility and collect Hawking particles to drop their special defenses.
- “The Tzenkethi Front” – Players will defend the Eta Serpentis system from a Tzenkethi attack by turning their protomatter weapons against them.
- Full Space Battlezone – Captains will head out to the final frontier to lead an all-out war against the Tzenkethi, in an effort to stop the production and deployment of protomatter weapons.
Star Trek Online is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online game where players can pioneer their own destiny as Captain of a Federation starship, become a Klingon Warrior and champion the Empire through the far reaches of the galaxy, or rebuild the Romulan legacy as the commander of a Romulan Republic Warbird. In Star Trek Online, players have the opportunity to visit iconic locations from the popular Star Trek universe, reach out to unexplored star systems and make contact with new alien species. Star Trek Online is currently available on PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One.