It is finally (almost) here. Season One of Star Trek: The Original Series digitally remastered on combo HD-DVD/DVD disk is available for pre-order on Amazon.com (CLICK HERE). The Amazon price is [UPDATE: $129.99]…which is a bit more palatable (retail price is listed as $199.98 and was previously reported to be $217.99) and Amazon lists the release date as November 20th.
UPDATE: Paramount has released interior and exterior box art (see below)
About the Box Set:
- Contains all 29 episodes of the first season of Star Trek: The Original Series (and not the first ‘season’ of remastered Trek in syndication)
- Each episode is digitally remastered with new digital effects.
- Presented in 4:3 ratio (including new CGI effects)
- Some special features appear in the ‘pillar boxes’ (see preview video below)
- 10 double sided ‘hybrid’ disks (standard definition DVD on one side and HD-DVD on the other)
- Episodes are in
productionairing order (same as the standard DVD)
- Each of the 10 disks contains at least one special feature (such as a documentary, interactive tour or pop up interview)
- All episodes are full length (unlike those aired in syndication)
- Digital effects are same as those aired in syndication
- NOTE: some season 1 episodes in the box set will not have aired in syndication by the time the set is released.
UDPATE: Video Preview
UPDATE – Final Box Art: (click to enlarge)
VOTE: Will You Buy?
now that the price has dropped a bit…will you buy the new DVDs? vote in the current poll (right column)