One week to go folks, are you ready? Today’s Tidbits has the latest on the good critics buzz and some small but intriguing behind the scenes photos. We also have some news of a Mexican delay, videos from Trek celebs on talk shows, and much more, including video of Shatner watching the Star Trek trailer!.
Reminder: Tickets available online (including IMAX)
As we will begin every tidbits, we remind you that you can now buy advanced tickets (including early shows) for Star Trek at Fandango. You can also get tickets for IMAX at Fandango. And by buying your tickets from Fandango, you are supporting TrekMovie.com. For locations that don’t have tickets available through Fandango, try movietickets.com.
Star Trek named ‘Critics Choice’
The new Star Trek continues to play well with critics. The Broadcast Film Critics Association has named the film a ‘Critics Choice’ with a rating of 93 (out of 100). Star Trek is continuiting to hold its perfect score of 100 at Rotten Tomatoes, now with 15 reviews listed. Metacritic has only two reviews listed so far with an average score of 100. Tonight during Lost, Paramount started run a new TV spot (we dont have the video yet) touting various critic quotes, pushing the good buzz the film is getting. However, it is still early days, many of the top crititcs have yet to weigh in, so assume these ratings will go down to a more reasonable level.
Behind the scenes shots
In the last few days some articles online have shown some new behind the scenes shots from Star Trek. Unfortunately, they are all very tiny, but here they are.
Swine Flu Delays Mexico Premiere
Earlier this week it was announced that due to a flu outbreak, this week’s premiere of the Wolverine movie was delayed by Fox. Now Paramount has followed suit. The studio has sent TrekMovie the following brief statement:
The Mexico release of STAR TREK will be delayed. Specific date has not been determined and we are continuing to monitor the situation – Paramount Pictures
Talk show video
The Trek stars are fanning across the talk shows, here are the latest videos
Zach Quinto on "The Late Show"
Eric Bana on Tonight Show
Tune in for these upcoming appearances:
- Monday 5/4: "The Late Show" (CBS) – Chris Pine
- Monday 5/4: “Live with Regis & Kelly” (Syndicated) – Zachary Quinto
- Tuesday 5/5: "Jimmy Kimmel Live" (ABC) – Zachary Quinto
- Tuesday 5/5 “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” (Syndicated) – Zachary Quinto
- Wednesday 5/6: "Jimmy Kimmel Live" (ABC) – Zoe Saldana
- Wednesday 5/6: “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” (Syndicated) – Chris Pine
- Wednesday 5/6: “The Tonight Show” (NBC) John Cho
- Wednesday 5/6 “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” (NBC) – J.J. Abrams
- Thursday 5/7: "Jimmy Kimmel Live" (ABC) – John Cho
- Friday 5/8: "Jimmy Kimmel Live" (ABC) – Chris Pine
- Friday 5/8: "Tavis Smiley" (PBS) – JJ Abrams
- Friday 5/8: "The View" (ABC) – Leonard Nimoy
Bill watches the Star Trek trailer
Speaking of talk shows, The Shatner Project has posted this behind the scenes video of Bill Shatner watching the Star Trek trailer for the first time while on Access Hollywood:
Star Trek Movie Day Slideshow
TrekMovie reader James attended Monday’s Star Trek Movie day at AT&T park and has sent in this videos, via his flickr account:
Trek me out to the ball park
See Star Trek with Rod Roddenberry, Takei, Nichols and more celebs
On Saturday May 9th Rod Roddenberry is hosting a viewing of the new Star Trek movie on Catalina Island. On hand will be Star Trek luminaries George Takei, Nichelle Nichols, Anthony Montgomery, Cirroc Lofton, Max Grodenchik and Michael Westmore. More details at roddenberry.com.
Finally: TWOK as told by Kindle and Shuffle
Star Trek is on everyone’s mind these days, and Trek writer Kevin Dilmore points us to this new video from Dvice, with a classic Star Trek scene from Wrath of Khan, as performed by a Kindle and a iPod Shuffle…enjoy.
Even more Star Trek stuff for you:
- Nola.com has a new Star Trek trivia game online
- Verizon has added a ‘Weapons Simulator‘ to the Starfleet Academy promotional site
Thanks to all the tipsters