The returning stars for the Star Trek sequel expected in 2012 may not know what to expect, but they do have some ideas about what they would like to see. At the Star Trek DVD release party TrekMovie talked to John Cho, Zoe Saldna, Karl Urban, Zachary Quinto and Bruce Greenwood about their hopes for their characters and got an earful on ass kicking, chair blinking and more.
Star Trek Actors Talks Star Trek sequel
Video taken at the Star Trek Blu-ray/DVD Party
- John Cho Suggests that after the "external, physical action" for Sulu in first film that for the sequel "maybe we turn Sulu’s battle internal"
- Zoe Saldana wants to see Uhura "kick some ass" in the sequel, doing real fight scenes, maybe "with a sword or a gun"
- Zachary Quinto likes the idea of "exploring the dilemma" of Spock’s half human/half vulcan heritage, noting that it is "shifting"
- Karl Urban would like to see Bones "come into that triumvirate figure that is so central to the series" between Kirk and Spock
- Urban also wants to see "more arguments of passion vs. logic with Spock"
- Greenwood would like to see Pike "on site" and not "back on Earth"
- Greenwood does not want Pike in “the chair”, noting "the blinking, the beeping, it’s been done"
More photos from the DVD/Blu-ray Party
Photo by Carla Van Wagoner
More Star Trek DVD/Blu-ray Party video interviews coming up
Look for more interviews from the party from cast and crew of Star Trek.
Star Trek available now