One of the fan highlights for the new Star Trek movie was Leonard Nimoy coming out of retirement to play Spock Prime TrekMovie talked to Mr. Nimoy at the Star Trek DVD/Blu-ray release party to see if he thinks he might have one more in him, to check up on that invite he gave William Shatner to watch the movie together, and more. [UPDATE: The video embed is fixed now]
Leonard Nimoy interview
Video taken at the Star Trek Blu-ray/DVD Party
- Doesn’t "expect to get the call" to appear in Star Trek sequel and feels he has already "served the purpose…to help make the bridge between the original and the new"
- However, Nimoy notes "obviously if they want to talk to me, I am happy to talk to them, but I don’t think they are going to need me"
- Hasn’t yet had a chance to watch Star Trek with Shatner (something said they would do back in August at Vegas Convention)
- Nimoy vows "I will have to sit him down and help him with the experience of watching this wonderful movie"
- Leonard Nimoy Day was "a homecoming" and "emotional experience"
- Nimoy’s "Secret Selves" photography exhibit will be opening and the Museum of Contemporary Art in Massachusetts next Summer
More photos from the DVD/Blu-ray Party
Photo by Carla Van Wagoner
More Star Trek DVD/Blu-ray Party video interviews coming up
Look for more interviews from the party from cast and crew of Star Trek.
Star Trek available now