Over the weekend two of the Hollywood guilds that nominated the 2009 Star Trek movie held their award shows. Unfortunately, neither the Art Directors Guild, nor the Editors Guild awarded Star Trek with their top prize. See below fore more details.
Avatar Beats Trek at Art Director’s Guild Awards
On Saturday the the Art Directors Guild held their annual awards show at the Beverly Hilton. Star Trek’s Scott Chambliss was nominated for Excellence in Production Design for a Feature Film (Fantasy). Chambliss was pitted against production designers for Avatar, District 9, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and Where the Wild Things Are. In the end Avatar’s Rick Carter and Robert Stromberg took home the award. The other film winners were Sherlock Holmes (Period) and The Hurt Locker (Contemporary).
Full list of winners at TheWrap
Hurt Locker Beats Trek at ACE Eddie Awards
And on Sunday night (also at the Beverly Hilton) the American Cinema Editors handed out their Eddie Awards. Star Trek’s Maryann Brandon and Mary Jo Markey had been nominated for Best Edited Feature Film (Dramatic). They were pitted against editors for Avatar, District 9, The Hurt Locker and Up in the Air, and in the end The Hurt Locker won out.
Full list of winners at THR
Guild and Award Score Card
Here is your guide to keeping track of this year’s award shows, with Star Trek’s nominations listed after each.
- CSA: Best Casting (Studio Feature Film) [WON]
- SAG: Best Stunt Ensemble [WON]
- PGA: Best Picture [Loss to Hurt Locker]
- DGA: no nomination
- ADG: Best Production Design (Fantasy) [Loss to Avatar]
- ASC: no nomination
- ACE: Best Edited Film (Drama) [Loss to Hurt Locker]
Upcoming Guild Awards
- WGA: Best Adapted Screenplay
- CAS: Best Motion Picture Sound Mixing
- MPSE Best Sound Editing (3 categories: Music, Dialog, Sound Effects)
- CDG: Best Costumes (Fantasy)
- VES: Best Visual Effects & Best Matte Painting
Other Upcoming Award Shows