Star Trek Online’s first major content upgrade went online today. The "Season 1: Common Ground" patch includes new content for Klingon gameplay, Federation PvP, and more. Full details below, plus we have a new video showing off the "Special Task Force: The Cure" special task force mission.
NEW Special Task Force Mission Details & Video
from Cryptic release
Special Task Force Missions
If you’re looking for a challenge, look no further than our upcoming “Special Task Force” Missions – Raid Episodes, which combine bold storytelling with our toughest five-man missions yet. These are just a few of the Raid Episodes we’ll be rolling out over the coming weeks, beginning a week after launch. Raid Episodes are available to both Federation and Klingon players.
Special Task Force: The Cure
The Klingon Defense Force has been conducting its own investigation into the Borg advance, and they believe that the Collective’s next target is the Vorn system. Enemies may have to unite when confronted by a greater foe.
Assist the I.K.S. Kang in a desperate battle with the Borg.
Explore a planet that has been completely assimilated. Can you rescue the warriors before they are taken over by the Borg?
Fight at the side of Ja’rod, son of Lursa.
Free Klingon ships from Borg control, and gain their assistance in a final battle with a Borg fleet.
Season 1: Common Ground Fact Sheet
Lifetime Subscriber Perks
We’ve put together a special thank you package for our Lifetime subscribers:
- Classified Access Codes – A free C-store item.
- The Captain’s Table – A special social area exclusive to Lifetime subscribers, available to both Federation and Klingon captains.
- Special In-Game Title – “Career Officers” are those who’ve joined Starfleet or the KDF for the long haul.
- Wargames – Federation players can now participate in PvP against one another to better prepare for the dangers of the battlefield.
- New PvP Map – Explore “Shanty Town,” a brand new Ground Assault map available for both Klingon and Federation players.
- Off-Duty Uniforms – Experience Risa in style! Starfleet officers will have the option to change into off-duty outfits to enjoy more casual attire.
- New Stances and Hairstyles – Further customize your Captain by changing his or her hairstyle, or adopting two brand new stances: Stern and Relaxed.
- A New Klingon Battle Cruiser – The K’Tanco Battle Cruiser has been made available to Klingon Lieutenant Commanders.
- Klingon Ship Customization – Use the ship tailor to customize your Bird of Prey or Raptor.
- Respec Is Here – Unhappy with your Captain’s loadout? Use the respec tool to change things up.
- New Fleet Actions Everywhere!
- The Big Dig – Available in Romulan space.
- DS9 Under Siege – The True Way has attacked and boarded DS9. Repel the invasion to save the day.
- Klingons Can Play, Too – Klingon Captains may now access the Crystalline Entity, Big Dig and Breaking the Planet Fleet Actions
- New Skill: Starship Attack Vectors – Improve your ship’s accuracy and critical hit chance.
- New Skill: Combat Maneuvers – Improve your ship’s evasion and turn rate.
- New Skill: Starship Battle Strategy – Improve your ship’s critical hit severity and damage resistance.
In The C-Store
- New Bridge Variants – All new ways to update your Bridges’ look, available for a low price in the C-Store for both Federation and Klingon ships.
- Federation Ship Variants – New takes on your old favorites, available for a low price in the C-Store.
If you want to get into the 25th century and play Star Trek Online it is available at Amazon discounted currently for $28 and that includes a one month subscription.