As noted in yesterday’s exclusive interview with executive producer Daniel Stahl, Atari/Cryptic has today released Season 2 for Star Trek Online, their biggest update since launch in February. They have also set a new lower price for the game at $19.99 (including first month subscription) and released a brand new trailer. See below for all the details.
Season 2 comes to STO
official press release
ATARI AND CRYPTIC STUDIOS LAUNCH SEASON TWO: ANCIENT ENEMIES, THE LATEST CONTENT UPDATE FOR STAR TREK™ ONLINE
– New Star Trek Online Season Launches at the Same Time as a Reduced $19.99 Retail Price – More Content, More Value –
New York, NY) July 27, 2010 – Atari, one of the world’s most recognized publishers and producers of interactive entertainment, and renowned MMO developer Cryptic Studios, have today announced the availability of Season Two: Ancient Enemies, the latest content update for the Star Trek Online universe. Season Two: Ancient Enemies is available at no additional cost to current Star Trek Online players. The content update allows players to encounter and battle even more of Star Trek’s iconic races, and enjoy all new Episodes. Star Trek Online is also now available for a new low price of $19.99.
Star Trek Online’s Season Two: Ancient Enemies boasts the following new features:
- A new level cap: players can now reach level 51. (The previous level cap was 45.) With the increase come new ranks within the Federation and Klingon factions.
- All new rewards and content: including new Tier 5 ships, high-level versions of every Special Task Force mission and Fleet Action, and Mark XI gear rewards.
- Eight brand new Episodes: tailored specifically for the Klingon Empire, these Episodes star the Fek’ihri, the fabled enemy of Kahless, founder of the Klingon Empire. In Season Two, the Fek’ihri have returned and have again set their eyes upon Qo’noS.
- A brand new gameplay option: the Federation Diplomatic Corps. In this new system, players have the chance to meet and peacefully interact with brand new civilizations. As players progress through the Diplomatic Corps, they earn special ranks and rewards.
- Feature Episodes: five special new Episodes will debut weekly, beginning in August. These Episodes will introduce a new neutral race: the Deferi. Players of any level from both factions will be able to aid the Deferi against an adversary new to Star Trek Online.
- Dabo: a longtime staple of social areas in the Star Trek Universe, the casino game Dabo is coming to Star Trek Online. Players can wager energy credits to earn gold-pressed latinum, which they can exchange for special new rewards.
Season Two: Ancient Enemies also permits players to continue interaction with the Undine, venturing into their native Fluidic space to learn more about the enigmatic species and their struggle with the Borg. The Undine story continues with five new Episodes, a Fleet Action and all new Deep Space Encounters.
Taking place in the year 2409, Star Trek Online boasts extraordinary features and lets fans both new and old experience unparalleled adventures. Players have the opportunity to become high-ranking Starfleet officers and participate in missions that take them into the depths of space, across exotic planets and inside other starships. Star Trek Online offers total customization, from a player’s avatar to the ship he captains.
New State of the game
For even more, check out executive producer Daniel Stahl’s new "State of the Game" post at the official site.
New Season 2 Trailer "Expanding Universe Part 4"
Start Playing – STO now $20
Atari has dropped the price of Star Trek Online $19.99 it is available at Amazon and other retailers. This price includes the first month’s subscription.