The first season of Star Trek: Picard is headed your way with home video releases containing over two hours of special features.
Picard DVD, Blu-ray, and Steelbook coming October 6
Season one of the CBS All Access original series Star Trek: Picard beams onto Blu-ray, DVD, and limited-edition Steelbook on October 6 from CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment.
The collection offers fans all 10 episodes from the debut season, plus the Star Trek: Short Treks episode “Children of Mars.”
Both the Blu-ray and DVD collections include the following special features:
- MAKE IT SO – The co-creators and Patrick Stewart discuss bringing the iconic character back to the screen, including what was compelling enough to warrant it and the obstacles they had to overcome to make it so.
- BEHIND-THE-SCENES EPISODIC FEATURETTES:
o STORY LOG: REMEMBRANCE
o STORY LOG: MAPS AND LEGENDS
o STORY LOG: THE END IS THE BEGINNING
o STORY LOG: ABSOLUTE CANDOR
o STORY LOG: STARDUST CITY RAG
o STORY LOG: THE IMPOSSIBLE BOX
o STORY LOG: NEPENTHE
o STORY LOG: BROKEN PIECES
o STORY LOG: ET IN ARCADIA EGO, PART 1
o STORY LOG: ET IN ARCADIA EGO, PART 2
- COMMENTARY: EPISODE 101, “REMEMBRANCE” (Exclusive) – Executive producersAlex Kurtzman, Akiva Goldsman and Michael Chabon, supervising producer Kirsten Beyer, and director Hanelle M. Culpepper provide commentary about episode one of Star Trek: Picard.
- THE MOTLEY CREW (Exclusive) – Working outside of Starfleet, Picard gathers his crew from across the galaxy. This special feature takes a look at the actors and characters that will travel aboard the La Sirena .
- ALIENS ALIVE: THE xBs – A look inside the creative process behind the xBs of Star Trek: Picard, alongside Lead Creature Designer Neville Page, Vincent Van Dyke and his prosthetics studio team, as well as Make-Up and Prosthetics Department Head James MacKinnon about the process from start to stage.
- PICARD PROPS (Exclusive) – Property Master Jeffrey Lombardi takes fans on a tour of the many props created for Season One of Star Trek: Picard.
- SET ME UP – Production Designer Todd Cherniawsky serves as the tour guide for the main stages of Star Trek: Picard, including the La Sirena, Picard’s study and the Borg Cube. Cherniawsky, Supervising Art Director Iain McFadyen and Set Decorator Lisa Alkofer also discuss the various designs for the show.
- STAR TREK: SHORT TREKS: CHILDREN OF MARS – Twelve-year-old classmates Kima and Lil find themselves at odds with each other on a day that will change their lives forever.
The Blu-ray has the following exclusive special features:
- COMMENTARY: STAR TREK: SHORT TREKS: CHILDREN OF MARS (Exclusive) –Executive producer and co-writer Alex Kurtzman, and co-writers Jenny Lumet and Kirsten Beyer, discuss the featured Short Treks episode.
- DELETED SCENES (Exclusive)
- GAG REEL (Exclusive)
There is also going to be a Steelbook release, with exclusive packaging.
Keep up with all the Star Trek: Picard news, reviews, and analysis at TrekMovie.com.