The original Star Trek debuted on September 8th, 1966, and next Tuesday CBS is gearing up in a big way to celebrate the 54th anniversary with 24 hours of online Star Trek Day activities, including a series of panels, news announcements, a free streaming Star Trek TV marathon, a merchandise sale, new emojis, and even a Twitch pub quiz.
9 Global online panels (12:00-3:30 PM, PT/3:00-6:30 PM, ET)
Join hosts Wil Wheaton and Mica Burton for three and a half hours of free virtual panels and programming that will reunite iconic cast members and creative minds from nine Star Trek television series. The panels will dive into Star Trek stories from years past to present and offer exclusive sneak peeks into what’s next in the “Star Trek Universe” on CBS All Access.
The panels will serve as the global centerpiece of Star Trek Day, and Star Trek updates, announcements and footage will be showcased throughout.
The panels will include the cast and creatives from the following Star Trek television series:
- Star Trek: Discovery, with series stars Sonequa Martin-Green and David Ajala and co-showrunners and executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Michelle Paradise.
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, with series stars Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn and Ethan Peck; executive producers Akiva Goldsman and Henry Alonso Myers; and co-executive producers Akela Cooper and Davy Perez.
- Star Trek: Enterprise, with series stars Scott Bakula, Linda Park, John Billingsley, Dominic Keating, Anthony Montgomery and Connor Trinneer.
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, with series stars Terry Farrell, Alexander Siddig, Armin Shimerman, Nana Visitor, Cirroc Lofton and executive producer Ira Steven Behr.
- Star Trek: The Original Series, with series star George Takei and the CEO of Roddenberry Entertainment, Rod Roddenberry.
- Star Trek: Lower Decks, with voice cast Tawny Newsome, Jack Quaid, Noël Wells and Eugene Cordero and series creator, showrunner and executive producer Mike McMahan.
- Star Trek: Voyager, with series stars Kate Mulgrew, Robert Picardo, Robert McNeill, Garrett Wang, Tim Russ and Ethan Phillips.
- Star Trek: Picard and Star Trek: The Next Generation, with legendary cast members Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes.
Fans worldwide will be able to livestream the Star Trek Day panels for free. To learn more about the panels, and to livestream the day of, please visit StarTrek.com/Day.
Free streaming marathon (12:00 AM, PT/3:00 AM, ET)
For fans based in the U.S. only, Star Trek Day celebrations will kick off with a marathon of episodes from eight different “Star Trek” television series. The marathon will pause for the duration of the Star Trek Day global panels and will resume after the panels with a curated list of episodes from Star Trek: Picard, Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: Lower Decks, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: The Animated Series, Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and Star Trek: Short Treks.
The marathon schedule on Tuesday, Sept. 8 is as follows:
- 12:00 AM, PT/3:00 AM, ET – Star Trek Day streaming marathon begins
- 12:00 PM, PT/3:00 PM, ET – Marathon break; Star Trek Day global panels take place
- 3:30 PM, PT/6:30 PM, ET – Star Trek Day streaming marathon continues
- 9:00 PM, PT/12:00 AM, ET – Marathon concludes; Star Trek Day global panels replay
The marathon of episodes will be available to stream for free at StarTrek.com/Day for viewers based in the U.S. only.
Geeks Who Drink Star Trek pub quiz on Twitch (4:00 PM, PT/7:00 PM, ET)
Virtually join fellow Star Trek fans from all over the world and test your “Star Trek” knowledge during the Geeks Who Drink “Star Trek” Pub Quiz on Twitch. The quiz can be accessed at: https://www.twitch.tv/geekswhodrinkpubquizzes/
Official merchandise flash sale
Running low on your favorite Star Trek gear? You’ll have the perfect opportunity to stock up during the official Star Trek Shop’s 24-hour flash sale. Please visit https://shop.startrek.com/ on Sept. 8 to access and learn more about the sale.
New Star Trek emojis
Trek-ify your tweets with the addition of Star Trek-themed Emoji on Twitter. Starting on Tuesday, Sept. 8, you will be able to utilize brand-new Emoji featuring your favorite Star Trek characters, including Geordi La Forge, Michael Burnham, Jean-Luc Picard and more, on Twitter while you tweet with your fellow “Star Trek” fan family on Star Trek Day and beyond.
“What Star Trek means to me” social opportunity
In celebration of the fans that keep the Star Trek legacy alive, we want to hear from you! Starting today, fans can share what Star Trek means to them by posting stories, pictures and memories across Instagram and Twitter, using the hashtag StarTrekStory (#StarTrekStory), for a chance to be featured on the official Star Trek platforms.
On Sept. 8, for every person that tweets the hashtag StarTrekUnitedGives (#StarTrekUnitedGives), CBS All Access will donate $1 to organizations who do the real-world work of championing equality, social justice and the pursuit of scientific advancements. Organizations include the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. (LDF) and the Equal Justice Initiative (EJI).
Additional information on free Star Trek Day programming and initiatives can be accessed at StarTrek.com/Day.
Keep up with all the Star Trek events news here at TrekMovie.com.