Star Trek Online is celebrating its 11th anniversary with the launch of its latest update, which picks up last fall’s “House Shattered.” STO’s Year of Klingon continues in today’s release, “House Reborn,” which is the beginning of the end of the Klingon War. Today’s update includes the return of Star Trek: Discovery actress Mary Chieffo, voicing her character L’Rell.
“House Reborn” brings new Klingon experience and L’Rell
Star Trek Online’s newest season kicks off Part 1 of the finale to the game’s epic Klingon War. “House Reborn” introduces two featured episodes centered around Star Trek: Discovery’s L’Rell (voiced by Mary Chieffo) and Tenavik (voiced by guest star Sam Witwer). Captains will also discover a brand new Klingon Recruitment System, a Special Anniversary Event to earn the new Alliance Temer Rader and a complete revamp of the Klingon experience, including remastered environments, missions, stories and more. Plus for the first time ever, Star Trek Online will allow players of all factions to command any ship. “House Reborn,” is available today on PC and will release on PS4 and Xbox One at a later date.
“House Reborn” Trailer
“House Reborn” Story
Here is the synopsis of the story:
After the Klingon Empire broke apart in House Shattered, J’Ula, matriarch of House Mo’Kai, travels to the sacred planet of Boreth. Plagued with guilt, she tracks down Tenavik (voiced by Sam Witwer from Star Wars: The Clone Wars, under the guidance of Kenneth Mitchell, who originated the role), the Klingon outcast who was first introduced in Star Trek: Discovery, with hopes that he can lead her to enlightenment. The journey won’t be an easy one, however. Players will be tasked with guiding J’Ula along her spiritual voyage, one where she will not only have to face ghosts of the past, present and future, but also descend into the pits of the Klingon underworld Gre’thor itself. There she will seek guidance from L’Rell, the famed Klingon warrior who played a pivotal role in the first few seasons of Discovery (voiced by Mary Chieffo, who originated the role). Captains will also reunite with General Martok (played by J.G Hertzler from Deep Space: Nine), Adet’Pa (voiced by Rekha Sharma from Star Trek: Discovery) and Aakar (played by Robert O’Reilly from Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine).
“House Reborn” takes place across two brand new featured episodes and introduces new playable content to explore along with updates exclusively for Klingon characters. A full list of game features released with today’s update includes (via Cryptic):
- Two Brand New Episodes – In “Knowledge is Power,” Captains will play as J’Ula and return to the sacred planet, Boreth to seek guidance from Tenavik, before heading to Gre’thor to seek out guidance from L’Rell in “Leap of Faith.”
- Klingon Recruitment System – Players who start a new Klingon Captain will now earn several rewards for all Captains on their account.
- Klingon Revamp – This past summer, Star Trek Online began a full revamp of the Klingon Defense Force faction. With today’s update, all mission content exclusive to Klingon Captains is now fully remastered, including most environments, stories and missions, cutscenes and voice-overs from Star Trek actors like Michal Dorn (Worf) and Shannon Cochran (Lady Sirella). Updated content also includes:
- Remastered Tutorial – Players will discover treachery aboard their ship and take command from a traitorous captain.
- Empire Story Arc (5 missions) – Captains will travel across the empire and uncover a plot to overthrow the Empire.
- Warzone Story Arc (4 missions) – After discovering the traitors of the Empire, players will join forces with Worf and House Martok.
- Fek’lhir Story Arc (3 missions) – Once thought to be a legend, the Klingon demons known as the Fek’liri return to attack Qo’noS. Players will join forces with Kahless and send them back to Grethor.
- Anniversary Event – Captains will be able to explore numerous episodes, patrols, and TFOs associated with the Klingon Civil War, and earn a new Alliance Klingon Bird of Prey.
- Cross Faction Flying – For the first time ever, Federation Captains will have the ability to command Klingon Ships and Klingon Captains can command Federation ships. To unlock this feature, players will need a Klingon character who has reached level 65.
- Free Discovery Uniform – To celebrate Star Trek Online’s 11th anniversary, all PC captains will be able to claim a free uniform from Star Trek: Discovery for a limited time.
11 Years Of Star Trek Online
The massively multiplayer game is celebrating its 11th anniversary. In a statement Yoon Im, CEO of Perfect World Entertainment said: “It is truly amazing to witness how Star Trek Online continues to resonate with people after 11 years. The Cryptic Studios team is incredibly passionate about Star Trek and has done a tremendous job of bringing the films and shows to life in the game. We could not be more thrilled to celebrate this milestone with them and our devoted players.”
Star Trek Online executive producer Andre Emerson promised more to come, saying “We feel so honored to be on this journey after 11 years. Each new year brings more Star Trek content than ever before and we feel like we’re just getting started. None of this would even be possible without the constant support from our players, and we would like to thank them dearly for it.”
More “House Reborn” Screenshots
Star Trek Online is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online game that allows players to explore the Star Trek universe from within. It is currently available on PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One. To download and play Star Trek Online today for free, visit playstartrekonline.com.
Keep up with all the Star Trek Online news and updates here at TrekMovie.com.