April kicks off with some Star Trek gaming news, including the launch of a brand new RPG. Also both Star Trek Online and Star Trek Timlines are celebrating First Contact Day with special in-game events.
Star Trek: Legends launches
Trek’s past, present, and future collide in Star Trek: Legends, a new RPG that is available today exclusively on Apple Arcade. Published by Tilting Point – makers of Star Trek Timelines – Star Trek: Legends features a brand-new storyline from Star Trek comic book author Mike Johnson, as well as characters from the entire Star Trek franchise, including the Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise, Discovery, and Picard.
Check out the launch trailer below.
According to Tilting Point, the gameplay is “rooted in exploration and meaningful choices.” Star Trek: Legends lets players command the Starfleet ship U.S.S. Artemis and warp into the mysterious Nexus, a dimension where they will discover new worlds and characters from across all the various Star Trek series. When things go awry inside the Nexus, players and their crew must investigate and prevent a crisis.
Additional Star Trek: Legends features include:
- Assembling The Away Team: Players can recruit from more than 40 legendary Star Trek characters at launch, including Kirk, Spock, Jean-Luc Picard, Janeway, Data, Burnham and more (with additional characters joining the game on a regular basis), and send them on critical missions.
- Command The Bridge: Players can assign their crew to post at the bridge of the U.S.S. Artemis in order to support the Away Team – creating a difference between mission success and failure.
- Be A Master Tactician: Using their character’s unique skills and abilities – such as Spock’s Vulcan Nerve Pinch or Worf’s deadly Bat’leth – players can outwit and overpower enemies in cinematic combat sequences.
- Stunning Graphics: With a dynamic graphics system that provides a console-level experience, players can explore beautifully rendered 3D worlds and fully realized animated characters right from their Apple devices.
- Unique Events: Star Trek: Legends will feature regular episodic updates and special challenges, as well as daily, weekly and limited-time events, to further expand the game’s story and the player’s journey.
More screenshots from Star Trek: Legends.
Developed by Emerald City Games, Star Trek: Legends is available to Apple Arcade subscribers across all iOS platforms, including iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV. To download Star Trek: Legends, visit: apple.co/-StarTrek
Celebrate First Contact Day with Star Trek Online and Star Trek: Timelines
Two other Star Trek games are celebrating the April 5 Star Trek holiday known as First Contact Day.
The MMORPG Star Trek Online is kicking off First Contact Day early. From now through April 22, both PC and console players can participate in three events to celebrate this momentous holiday. Captains will travel to the events of the First Contact Day film with Seven of Nine (voiced by Jeri Ryan) to stop the Borg, participate in a recreation of the Synth attack on Mars (from Star Trek: Picard), or travel to the First Contact Museum and complete a replica of the Phoenix, mankind’s first warp-capable ship. Completing these events will unlock the Grand Prize – the Martian Mining Laser.
For more details on what’s included with First Contact Day, please visit arcgames.com.
And the strategy RPG Star Trek Timelines is celebrating First Contact Day with a limited-time giveaway. Kicking off April 5 and running through April 19, all players will be able to claim a Free 5 Star Behold Pack, guaranteeing them one 5 Star crew to choose between Phoenix Cochrane, Satin Dress Lily Sloane, and C.O.P Founder Picard.
The Timelines celebration also includes “Aprile Fools Whale Crew” from April 1 – April 15, where players who complete an in-game limited-time-only achievement will earn a three-star crew: George and Gracie, the famous Humpback Whales saved by Kirk and Spock in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
Also, new players who install and play Star Trek Timelines before April 13 will be offered a $1 monthly card ($4 value), granting them 100 daily Dilithium for 30 days. To download Star Trek Timelines, and partake in the First Contact Day celebrations, visit the App Store Google Play, Amazon, Steam, Windows, Samsung Galaxy and Facebook stores.
Find more news and analysis on Star Trek games.