Fans will have a chance to get their own piece of Star Trek history with a new auction of memorabilia from Star Trek: Discovery going live in September.
ViacomCBS Consumer Products is working with the leading memorabilia auction house Prop Store to clear out some space with an online auction of over 200 props, costumes, and set decorations from seasons one and two of Star Trek: Discovery and Short Treks. The online auction will run from September 2nd to the 16th.
“When Star Trek: Discovery launched in 2017, no one could have anticipated how far the series would come. Over the last four years, fans all over the world have followed the crews of the Discovery, Shenzhou, and Enterprise through time and space with overwhelming love and excitement. These shows are made for the fans, and it is their loyalty that continues to inspire us all. I cannot imagine a better way to honor the fans than to offer them the opportunity to own original pieces from Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Short Treks through our first-ever collaboration with Prop Store,” said ViacomCBS VP Franchise Planning & Star Trek Brand Development John Van Citters in a statement.
Some costume highlights from the auction (with estimated sale prices) include:
• Michael Burnham’s (Sonequa Martin-Green) Command uniform from season 1, est. $3,000 – $5,000
• Philippa Georgiou’s (Michelle Yeoh) Section 31 uniform from season 2, est. $3,000 – $5,000
• Christopher Pike’s (Anson Mount) Captain uniform from season 2 and Short Treks, est. $3,000 – $5,000
• Spock’s (Ethan Peck) Science uniform from season 2, est. $3,000 – $5,000
• L’Rell’s (Mary Chieffo) Hero ensemble from season 1, est. $3,000 – $5,000
• T’Kuvma’s (Chris Obi) “Battle at the Binary Stars” costume from season 1, est. $3,000 – $5,000
• Voq’s (Shazad Latif) Costume from season 1, est. $3,000 – $5,000
• Saru’s (Doug Jones) Science uniform from season 1, est. $2,500 – $3,500
• Sylvia Tilly’s (Mary Wiseman) Mirror Universe uniform from season 1, est. $2,500 – $3,500
• Paul Stamets’ (Anthony Rapp) Science uniform from seasons 1-2, est. $2,000 – $3,000
• Hugh Culber’s (Wilson Cruz) Medical uniform from seasons 1-3, est. $2,000 – $3,000
And some of the prop and set highlights from the auction (with estimated sale prices) include:
• “Hairy Berry” Cereal box with tribbles from Short Treks, est. $1,500 – $2,500
• Tevrin Krit’s (Harry Judge) Captain’s chair from Short Treks, est. $8,000 – $10,000
• Hero Type II phaser from season 1-3 and Short Treks, est. $8,000 – $10,000
• Rejac’s (Justin Howell) Torchbearer D’k Tahg (knife) from season 1, est. $2,000 – $3,000
Each item comes with a Certificate of Authenticity signed by series creator Alex Kurtzman, and Prop Store.
Nimoy COPD benefit auction
ViacomCBS and Prop Store are also auctioning two rare lots from the collection of late Star Trek actor Leonard Nimoy:
• Nimoy’s Spock (Leonard Nimoy) Ears from Star Trek Into Darkness
• A Star Trek 25th Anniversary Pinball Machine
100% of the proceeds of these lots will go to the benefit of the UCLA COPD Research Program.
“As long-time obsessives ourselves, we are over the moon to be able to offer one of the world’s most loyal fanbases this curated selection of iconic props and costumes from the first two seasons of Star Trek: Discovery. Prop Store is also humbled by the opportunity to join with the estate of Leonard Nimoy in supporting the UCLA Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD) Research Program under Dr. John Belperio,” said Prop Store VP Chuck Costas in a statement.
Register for chance to win a Tribble
Bidding begins at 11am EDT/8am PDT on Thursday, September 2nd, 2021, and concludes Thursday, September 16th, 2021, at 8pm EDT/5pm PDT. Fans can register now to bid in the auction and to get updates at: propstore.com/startrek. Register now for a free chance to win one of five original tribbles from Star Trek: Short Treks.
Find more news and analysis for Star Trek: Discovery.