‘Tis the season to collect some seasons of Star Trek: Discovery. TrekMovie and CBS Home Entertainment have some gifts to give away on Christmas.
Merry Discovery Giveaway
In November, CBS Home Entertainment released a new collection of the first three seasons of Star Trek: Discovery on Blu-ray and DVD. The three-season collection includes all 42 episodes from the Paramount+ original series and over eight hours of special features, including cast and crew interviews, behind-the-scenes featurettes, deleted and extended scenes, audio commentaries, gag reels, and more.
TrekMovie will be giving away three copies of the collection. All you have to do is make a single comment below by midnight Pacific Time on Christmas Eve, Friday, December 24. In your comment simply tell us what gift you would give to your favorite Discovery character—make sure to mention which character! Winners (from the USA only, sorry) will be selected at random on Christmas Day, Saturday, December 25. Also, make sure to use a working email address so you can be contacted to get your Blu-ray/DVD preference and address.
Details on the Discovery 3 Seasons Collection
In addition to every episode, the Star Trek: Discovery collection includes the following special features:
- DISCOVERING DISCOVERY: THE CONCEPTS AND CASTING OF STAR TREK: DISCOVERY – Interviews with producers, writers, and stars of Star Trek: Discovery about casting of the debut season.
- STANDING IN THE SHADOW OF GIANTS: CREATING THE SOUND OF DISCOVERY – A discussion with executive producer Alex Kurtzman and composer Jeff Russo about creating the Discovery theme and score for the show.
- CREATURE COMFORTS – A behind-the-scenes look at the makeup and prosthetics department on Star Trek: Discovery as they both modernize well-known Star Trek species like the Klingons, Vulcans, and Andorians, and bring to life a new species, the Kelpiens.
- DESIGNING DISCOVERY – Insight into the production design department led by Tamara Deverell as they create the planets, the world within those worlds, and the starships to travel amongst them.
- CREATING SPACE – An exploration of how the VFX team, headed by Jason Zimmerman, pushes the envelope to create the reality of space, planets, and starships for Star Trek: Discovery.
- PROP ME UP – Led by prop master Mario Moreira, a voyage through the world of Discovery props, providing an inside look at the design process from inception to set.
- FEEDING FRENZY – Exclusive to the Blu-ray and DVD collections, a fascinating look at the on-set food stylist who creates a galaxy of cuisine.
- A WOMAN’S JOURNEY – With strong female producers and writers off-screen and powerful female characters on-screen, Discovery exemplifies the groundbreaking inclusionary theme first put forth in the original series.
- DRESS FOR SUCCESS – Costume designer Gersha Phillips and her team create a spectacular array of clothing, uniforms, and armor for every kind of species in the galaxy.
- STAR TREK DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON ONE – A look at the adventures and plot twists encountered in the first season by the crew of the Discovery.
- DELETED / EXTENDED SCENES
- ENTER THE ENTERPRISE – Captain Pike shepherds U.S.S. Discovery through season 2, but must return to his original command on the U.S.S. Enterprise. The production designer, builders, actors, and producers discuss the daunting task of reviving the iconic ship’s bridge.
- PUTTING IT TOGETHER – Follow the real-life Discovery crew through preparation, shooting and posting the amazing season 2 finale. A true in-depth look at the many talents that come together to bring Discovery to life.
- THE RED ANGEL – A major plot point of the season is the Red Angel. Go behind the scenes with producers, directors, and Sonequa Martin-Green, along with the craftspeople who created it and made it come to life.
- DESIGNING DISCOVERY: SEASON TWO – On a show where no location exists in our world, the production and lighting design teams must create every space. Look at the locations and spaces created for season 2.
- PROP ME UP: SEASON TWO – Prop master Mario Moreira takes fans through the world of Discovery props.
- DRESS FOR SUCCESS: SEASON TWO – Each species has its own fashion style dictated by both culture and physical attributes. Gersha Phillips and her team discuss how costumes inform a character and how they create a spectacular array of clothing, uniforms, and armor for every kind of species.
- CREATURE COMFORTS: SEASON TWO – Producers, craftsmen and actors discuss the design process, the implementation, and the performance required to bring characters to life. Fans can also catch a one-on-one discussion with makeup artist James McKinnon and L’Rell actress Mary Chieffo.
- CREATING SPACE – There are some shots that simply can’t be done practically when you are set in space. The VFX team, headed by Jason Zimmerman, pushes the envelope every week to create amazing computer graphics to give fans a realistic feel of space.
- STAR TREK DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON TWO – A look at the adventures and plot twists encountered in Season 2 by the crew of the Discovery.
- AUDIO COMMENTARIES (Select Episodes)
- DELETED / EXTENDED SCENES
- GAG REEL
- STAR TREK DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON 3 – Jump to the future with the crew of the Discovery as they discuss the new adventures with writers and producers, and dive into how their visions were realized by the cast, sets, costumes and props.
- STUNTED – Through interviews with cast and stunt coordinator Christopher McGuire, fans get a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the stunts from rehearsal to the expertise required to make them safe, believable, and executed to perfection.
- BEING MICHAEL BURNHAM – Sonequa Martin-Green takes fans on her season-long journey as Michael Burnham with her personal record of the season and this beloved character.
- KENNETH MITCHELL: TO BOLDLY GO – Featuring cast and crew interviews, this emotional and intimate look touches on Kenneth Mitchell’s life with ALS. Discussed on camera for the first time, the featurette highlights how Kenneth’s wheelchair was included for his on-screen character, his own take on the various roles he played in Discovery, and what those roles mean to the show.
- BRIDGE BUILDING – Fans have been intrigued by starship Discovery’s bridge crew for three seasons. Now, they can immerse themselves in all things crew-related in this behind-the-scenes look showcasing the characters and actors who bring them to life each week.
- WRITER’S LOG: MICHELLE PARADISE – Showrunner Michelle Paradise provides a personal log about shooting the beginning of season three in Iceland.
- DELETED SCENES
- GAG REEL
The Discovery collection on DVD and Blu-ray is also available for purchase now, including at Amazon.
Keep up with all the Star Trek merchandise news and reviews at TrekMovie.com.
DISCLAIMER: We may link to products to buy on Amazon in our articles; these are customized affiliate links that support TrekMovie by earning a small commission when you purchase through the links.