‘Tis the season to collect some seasons of Star Trek: Discovery. TrekMovie and CBS Home Entertainment have some gifts to give away on Christmas.
Merry Discovery Giveaway
In November, CBS Home Entertainment released a new collection of the first three seasons of Star Trek: Discovery on Blu-ray and DVD. The three-season collection includes all 42 episodes from the Paramount+ original series and over eight hours of special features, including cast and crew interviews, behind-the-scenes featurettes, deleted and extended scenes, audio commentaries, gag reels, and more.
TrekMovie will be giving away three copies of the collection. All you have to do is make a single comment below by midnight Pacific Time on Christmas Eve, Friday, December 24. In your comment simply tell us what gift you would give to your favorite Discovery character—make sure to mention which character! Winners (from the USA only, sorry) will be selected at random on Christmas Day, Saturday, December 25. Also, make sure to use a working email address so you can be contacted to get your Blu-ray/DVD preference and address.
Details on the Discovery 3 Seasons Collection
In addition to every episode, the Star Trek: Discovery collection includes the following special features:
- DISCOVERING DISCOVERY: THE CONCEPTS AND CASTING OF STAR TREK: DISCOVERY – Interviews with producers, writers, and stars of Star Trek: Discovery about casting of the debut season.
- STANDING IN THE SHADOW OF GIANTS: CREATING THE SOUND OF DISCOVERY – A discussion with executive producer Alex Kurtzman and composer Jeff Russo about creating the Discovery theme and score for the show.
- CREATURE COMFORTS – A behind-the-scenes look at the makeup and prosthetics department on Star Trek: Discovery as they both modernize well-known Star Trek species like the Klingons, Vulcans, and Andorians, and bring to life a new species, the Kelpiens.
- DESIGNING DISCOVERY – Insight into the production design department led by Tamara Deverell as they create the planets, the world within those worlds, and the starships to travel amongst them.
- CREATING SPACE – An exploration of how the VFX team, headed by Jason Zimmerman, pushes the envelope to create the reality of space, planets, and starships for Star Trek: Discovery.
- PROP ME UP – Led by prop master Mario Moreira, a voyage through the world of Discovery props, providing an inside look at the design process from inception to set.
- FEEDING FRENZY – Exclusive to the Blu-ray and DVD collections, a fascinating look at the on-set food stylist who creates a galaxy of cuisine.
- A WOMAN’S JOURNEY – With strong female producers and writers off-screen and powerful female characters on-screen, Discovery exemplifies the groundbreaking inclusionary theme first put forth in the original series.
- DRESS FOR SUCCESS – Costume designer Gersha Phillips and her team create a spectacular array of clothing, uniforms, and armor for every kind of species in the galaxy.
- STAR TREK DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON ONE – A look at the adventures and plot twists encountered in the first season by the crew of the Discovery.
- DELETED / EXTENDED SCENES
- ENTER THE ENTERPRISE – Captain Pike shepherds U.S.S. Discovery through season 2, but must return to his original command on the U.S.S. Enterprise. The production designer, builders, actors, and producers discuss the daunting task of reviving the iconic ship’s bridge.
- PUTTING IT TOGETHER – Follow the real-life Discovery crew through preparation, shooting and posting the amazing season 2 finale. A true in-depth look at the many talents that come together to bring Discovery to life.
- THE RED ANGEL – A major plot point of the season is the Red Angel. Go behind the scenes with producers, directors, and Sonequa Martin-Green, along with the craftspeople who created it and made it come to life.
- DESIGNING DISCOVERY: SEASON TWO – On a show where no location exists in our world, the production and lighting design teams must create every space. Look at the locations and spaces created for season 2.
- PROP ME UP: SEASON TWO – Prop master Mario Moreira takes fans through the world of Discovery props.
- DRESS FOR SUCCESS: SEASON TWO – Each species has its own fashion style dictated by both culture and physical attributes. Gersha Phillips and her team discuss how costumes inform a character and how they create a spectacular array of clothing, uniforms, and armor for every kind of species.
- CREATURE COMFORTS: SEASON TWO – Producers, craftsmen and actors discuss the design process, the implementation, and the performance required to bring characters to life. Fans can also catch a one-on-one discussion with makeup artist James McKinnon and L’Rell actress Mary Chieffo.
- CREATING SPACE – There are some shots that simply can’t be done practically when you are set in space. The VFX team, headed by Jason Zimmerman, pushes the envelope every week to create amazing computer graphics to give fans a realistic feel of space.
- STAR TREK DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON TWO – A look at the adventures and plot twists encountered in Season 2 by the crew of the Discovery.
- AUDIO COMMENTARIES (Select Episodes)
- DELETED / EXTENDED SCENES
- GAG REEL
- STAR TREK DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON 3 – Jump to the future with the crew of the Discovery as they discuss the new adventures with writers and producers, and dive into how their visions were realized by the cast, sets, costumes and props.
- STUNTED – Through interviews with cast and stunt coordinator Christopher McGuire, fans get a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the stunts from rehearsal to the expertise required to make them safe, believable, and executed to perfection.
- BEING MICHAEL BURNHAM – Sonequa Martin-Green takes fans on her season-long journey as Michael Burnham with her personal record of the season and this beloved character.
- KENNETH MITCHELL: TO BOLDLY GO – Featuring cast and crew interviews, this emotional and intimate look touches on Kenneth Mitchell’s life with ALS. Discussed on camera for the first time, the featurette highlights how Kenneth’s wheelchair was included for his on-screen character, his own take on the various roles he played in Discovery, and what those roles mean to the show.
- BRIDGE BUILDING – Fans have been intrigued by starship Discovery’s bridge crew for three seasons. Now, they can immerse themselves in all things crew-related in this behind-the-scenes look showcasing the characters and actors who bring them to life each week.
- WRITER’S LOG: MICHELLE PARADISE – Showrunner Michelle Paradise provides a personal log about shooting the beginning of season three in Iceland.
- DELETED SCENES
- GAG REEL
The Discovery collection on DVD and Blu-ray is also available for purchase now, including at Amazon.
Keep up with all the Star Trek merchandise news and reviews at TrekMovie.com.
DISCLAIMER: We may link to products to buy on Amazon in our articles; these are customized affiliate links that support TrekMovie by earning a small commission when you purchase through the links.
I’d give Culber a hug.
I’ll do more than that…
I’d give Georgiou a crisp high five for being ready to do what needs doing. And Lorca a smack on the head to realize the difference between universes.
I’d give Saru a very polite looking cactus
I would give Saru a chess set. Maybe one of those 3D chess sets like they had in the orignal Star Trek. I think he’d enjoy it.
I would give Tilly a snow globe of the Discovery.
I would thank Michael for being great representation for Black people, and for showing the galaxy that we are more than what history has said we are.
I’d give Pike a really tasteful dining room table set for his ready room
I’d give saru a new plant!
I’m in Canada so I don’t qualify but this is an awesome giveaway and congrats to whomever wins! Merry Christmas. :)
I would give Saru a plant.
Im a Star Trek fan but if i win this id send it to my Dad cus he cant stream the show
I’d give Tilly some gummies
I’d give Admiral Vance some naturally grown apples that aren’t made of shit.
I’d give Saru some moleskin gloves to keep his fingers warm.
I would give Grudge a giant pot of catnip. Our pets need love too, and what better gift for a queen?😃
I would give Burnham a hug, a Vulcan salute, and a huge thank you for being a great Starfleet officer and captain!
I would give Prime Lorca a way to get back onto the show.
I’d give Grudge a catnip-filled toy.
I would give Paul Stamets a copy of the book The Friendship Crisis: Finding, Making, and Keeping Friends When You’re Not a Kid Anymore by Marla Paul and then hope he doesn’t throw it in the recycling bin.
I would give L’Rell a pass to Stovokor, as she is a very honorable Klingon, and MOTHER of the Klingon Empire.
I’d give a Culber a bonsai tree so he can get his zen on. Would look great in his office.
I’d love to see them.
I’d give Saru a Venus Flytrap plant.
I’d give Burnham a copy of both “I am not Spock” and “I am Spock.”
Besides being universe-benders, they’re also a greatly emotional journey through Leonard Nimoy’s career … a journey grappling with identity Burnham may appreciate now that she’s learned to look past only logic!
I’d give Pike a radiation suit.
I’d give Captain Pike an Awesome looking Spock T-shirt with fake Vulcan ears.
International Star Trek fans feel so included nowadays!
I’d give Jett Reno a Shore Leave very far away from everyone and everybody
Pumpkin cheesecake for Jett Reno
I’d give Spock a razor so he never has to grow out that beard again. Unless he wants to.
I’d give Gray blue hair dye.
Not that he isn’t beatiful now, but that look really suited him in my opinion.
I’d give the underused bridge crew more story.
I would give Tilly a big hug cause she deserves it!
I would give Spock a nice sweater.A very logical gift for Christmas.
I’d give Stamets a mushroom growing kit.
I would give Grudge a cat scratching post. It’s programmable matter though so it can change shapes every now and then.
I’d give Aurellio a cure for ALS.
I would give Una a round of applause for prepping the Enterprise for when the “shit hit the fan”…and for her amazing vocals!
I’d give Grudge a fish. Because, she is the Queen!
I’d give Spock a book of jokes.
I would give good Captain Lorca a lifeline.
I would give Dr. Culber a subscription to a beer of the month club. He’s had a hard year.
It’s a tie between Grudge (All hail the Queen!), Adira and Gray.
Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all in this universe and any other universes! May the Higgs field collapse be far out in the future or never. Also may the creator grant you and your family many many happy years!
I would give Admiral Cornwell a snowglobe of the big E she sacrificed herself for.
And Captain Michael Burnham a Discovery snowglobe for her new command.
I’d make T’Kumva lots of cookies.
Bev Crusher has always been my favorite CMO…..then Culber came along, and he is growing on me with every episode. He is just a fantastic character! Wasn’t a fan of the resurrection story-arc for him in season 2, but from season 3 on he is being incredible. (and I hope I win this prize!)
I would give Grudge a fluffy new bed, and the cardboard box it came in.
To Stamets, I’d give a scalp massager (& maybe a few gummies). He’s wound tightly & could use a bit of a relaxer
I would appreciate some feedback on something;
Star Trek, for the first 50 years, espoused the philosophy of how humanity was bettering itself and we were all coming together in improving as a species. It was so upbeat and hopeful in tone, it made us want to aspire to WHAT HUMANITY COULD BE.
Now, in the last 5 years, any iteration of Star Trek seems to be reflecting on who we are NOW. Almost as if they’re making it more relatable for anyone watching the show.
Does that observation have merit or am I off base? If you agree, does that mean that Star Trek has lost something along the way?
Way off topic for a contest article. Thread closed.
Why are these competitions US only?.
Too cheap to pay a few dollars on International postage?
I’d give Book a Hug. He’s having a rough month.