The second season of Star Trek: Lower Decks is coming home this summer.
Lower Decks Season 2 arrives July 12
The 2-disc collection of Lower Decks season two arrives on July 12 on Blu-ray and DVD and features over an hour of bonus content including exclusive featurettes and commentaries.
The ten-episode second made good on its promise to be “bigger, funnier and Star Trekkier than ever before.” The season received critical praise here at TrekMovie.com and elsewhere in the press, and even garnered a Hugo Award nomination. Joining the main cast for season two were a number of guest stars including Star Trek vets Jonathan Frakes and Robert Duncan McNeill.
In addition to the ten episodes from season two, the Blu-ray and DVD sets include the following special features:
- A SOUND FOUNDATION – The first season of Lower Decks earned an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Sound Editing for a (half-hour) Comedy or Drama Series, or Animation for the episode “No Small Parts”. As sound for an animated series is particularly important, go behind the scenes in an interview with the team that creates the dynamic audio for Lower Decks while they discuss how they bring the series to life.
- LOWER DECKTIONARY: SEASON TWO – The start of Season Two sees our heroes separated by death and distance. In this featurette, take a deep dive into all things Season Two through interviews with the producers, cast and creatives about developing and executing the characters’ journeys in the second season.
- SEASON TWO EASTER EGGS (Episodes 201-210)
- SEASON TWO ANIMATICS (Episodes 201-210)
- AUDIO COMMENTARIES:
- EP 202 “Kayshon, His Eyes Open” by Mike McMahan, Jack Quaid and Jonathan Frakes
- EP 205 “An Embarrassment of Dooplers” by Mike McMahan and Jack Quaid
- EP 207 “Where Pleasant Fountains Lie” by Tawny Newsome, Paul Scheer and Garrick Bernard
- EP 209 “wej Duj” by Mike McMahan, Gabrielle Ruiz and Kathryn Lyn
International release details have not been provided.
To catch up, here is a trailer for season two on Paramount+.
UPDATE: Available for pre-order
Season 3 coming up
Paramount+ has not set a specific date yet but has previously announced plans to release the third season of Lower Decks this summer. At the recent Mission Chicago con, they released the first teaser trailer.
Find more news and analysis for Lower Decks.
DISCLAIMER: We may link to products to buy on Amazon in our articles; these are customized affiliate links that support TrekMovie by earning a small commission when you purchase through them.