Star Trek Online continues the Mirror Universe invasion storyline with the latest update featuring the voice of Star Trek: Voyager star Kate Mulgrew and more.
“Stormfall” out now
Today, Gearbox Publishing and Cryptic Studios announced that Star Trek Online’s next chapter, Stormfall, is now available for free on PC and will launch on consoles in June. The newest story update for the free-to-play Star Trek MMORPG continues the game’s journey through the Mirror Universe with a cast of Star Trek vets including Kate Mulgrew from Star Trek: Voyager, Chase Masterson from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, along with Mary Wiseman and Noah Averbach-Katz from Star Trek: Discovery.
While exploring today’s new free update, players will discover two brand new featured episodes, a complete remaster of the Starfleet tutorial and more new features.
“Stormfall” Launch Trailer
Here is the story for “Stormfall”:
In Star Trek Online’s last update, “Shadow’s Advance,” players discovered they were on a mission to retrieve the one and only Ilia Decker from Star Trek: The Motion Picture. “Stormfall” begins as Captains arrive at a secured facility to rescue Ilia and she warns them that the Terran Empire is on the verge of summoning a powerful nemesis from their collective past. To secure her freedom and stop Terran forces led by Captain Killy (voiced by Mary Wiseman from Star Trek: Discovery), Captains must team up with two of their former adversaries, Marshal Painway Janeway (voiced by Kate Mulgrew from Star Trek: Voyager) and Admiral Leeta, (voiced by Chase Masterson from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine). On their journey, they will also enlist the help of an Andorian rebel named “Rae-Yeet,” who is voiced by Noah Averbach-Katz (“Ryn” from the third season of Discovery).
A full list of content available with Stormfall includes:
- Two Featured Episodes – Captains hailing from all of the game’s various factions can explore two brand new episodes:
- “Blueshift” – After formulating a rescue plan, Admiral Janeway calls on Captains to team up with former Terran Admiral Leeta and Terran Marshal Janeway to execute a daring rescue of Ilia from the Terran ESD.
- “The Calling” – With the information gained from Ilia, the Terrans are ready to contact a powerful new nemesis using the biggest galactic antenna they know of – the peaceful planet of Pahvo. The Coalition is attempting to stop them but will need help from Starfleet to take down the Terran Empire.
- Remastered Starfleet Tutorial – The tutorial for the main Starfleet faction has gotten a major upgrade! This new introduction will not only provide aspiring Captains with a smoother starting experience, but has also been updated with incredible new environments and added interaction with the Borg and Admiral Janeway.
- TFO Rebuild – “Forged in Fire” is a complete rebuild of a fan favorite, “The Assault on Terok Nor.” In this five-player ground Task Force Operation, players will assemble an assault team to stop Admiral Leeta, who now has the power of the Pah-wraith, non-corporeal beings once native to the Bajoran wormhole.
- “Heart of the Storm” Special Event – Captains who play through numerous episodes and TFOs associated with Mirror Universe can unlock an exciting new reward, the Kuumarke Visionary Ground Set.
CherryTree STO Borg PC Case
To celebrate the launch of “Stormfall,” Star Trek Online has teamed up with CherryTree to release a special Star Trek Artifact STO Edition Borg Cube ATX PC Case. Each case features a special Star Trek Online-engraved backplate, A-RGB lighting, 5-inch forcefield monitor, silvery-blue hand-painted detailing, and ships out in a laser-engraved collectors crate. The STO Edition can also be configured as a fully-built system. Learn more by visiting the CherryTree website.
Star Trek Online is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online game that allows players to explore the Star Trek universe from within. It is currently available on PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One. To download and play Star Trek Online today for free, visit playstartrekonline.com.
Keep up with all the Star Trek Online news and updates here at TrekMovie.com.