Just in time for Captain Picard Day, Paramount Home Entertainment has announced the release of the second season of Star Trek: Picard on Blu-ray, DVD, and limited-edition Blu-ray Steelbook. It all arrives in North America on October 4 with over an hour of special features.
Picard Season 2 comes home
Season two of Star Trek: Picard saw the return of John de Lancie as Q and Whoopi Goldberg as Guinan. The time travel and alternate universe story also included the introduction of Annie Wersching as the Borg Queen, and Brent Spiner playing a villainous tech billionaire member of the Soong family, with Isa Briones playing his daughter.
In addition to all ten episodes, the limited edition Blu-ray Steelbook, Blu-ray, and DVD has the following special features:
- THE USS STARGAZER – The featurette takes a deep dive into the creation of the USS Stargazer from conception to build out and features exclusive timelapse photography alongside Production Designer Dave Blass, who brought the original TNG art department onboard, including the famed Star Trek graphic artist Michael Okuda, and design artists Doug Drexler and John Eaves to recreate the latest USS Stargazer.
- THE CHATEAU – Led by Production Designer Dave Blass and Prop Master Jeff Lombardi, the featurette explores the transition of Picard’s chateau following its redesign and conversion to the Dataverse in season one.
- THE TRIAL IS OVER – The intimate, behind-the-scenes look connects fans with John de Lancie who reprises his role as Q, playing a significant part in the season two story arc.
- REBUILDING THE BORG QUEEN – The featurette showcases actress Annie Wersching as she discusses stepping into the role of the Borg Queen. After 25 years, the iconic character returns through advanced design and production techniques, which are further discussed by Designer Neville Page, Prosthetics Master Vincent Van Dyke and Make-Up Department Head James MacKinnon.
- PICARD PROPS – Property Master Jeff Lombardi takes fans on a tour that showcases the various props created for STAR TREK: PICARD – SEASON TWO.
- PICARD PASSAGES – Alongside cast and crew, fans will follow the heroes from STAR TREK: PICARD through time and space as they encounter old and new friends, as well as challenges, in the latest season.
- GAG REEL
- DELETED SCENES
Here is a closer look at the packaging for the Steelbook.
UPDATE: Available for pre-order
Reminder: Lower Decks Season 2 arrives next month
The 2-disc collection of Lower Decks season two arrives on July 12 on Blu-ray and DVD and features over an hour of bonus content including exclusive featurettes and commentaries. You can pre-order the Blu-ray at Amazon priced at $27.99. And the DVD pre-order is priced at $19.99.
Find more Star Trek: Picard at TrekMovie.