The first season of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is coming home on disc in March 2023 with over 90 minutes of special features.
Pike’s Enterprise is coming home
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds season one arrives on Blu-ray, DVD, and limited-edition Blu-ray Steelbook on March 21, 2023, from CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment. The release features over 90 minutes of special features, including exclusive-to-home-entertainment cast and crew interviews, gag reel, deleted scenes, and more.
The first season of Strange New Worlds saw Ethan Peck (Spock), Anson Mount (Pike) and Rebecca Romijn (Number One) return to the roles they took on from the second season of Star Trek: Discovery. Joining them on the USS Enterprise in the time before Kirk was Jess Bush as Nurse Christine Chapel, Christina Chong as La’an Noonien- Singh, Celia Rose Gooding as Cadet Nyota Uhura, Melissa Navia as Lt. Erica Ortegas, Babs Olusanmokun as Dr. M’Benga and Bruce Horak as Hemmer.
The series brought back classic episodic storytelling mixed with serialized character arcs. The first season was highly regarded here on TrekMovie.com and with many fans. It also saw critical acclaim with a 99% Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It won a Legacy Award from the Hollywood Critics Association as well as the Saturn Award for Best Streaming Science Fiction Series. It also picked up an Emmy Nomination for Sound Editing.
In addition to the 10 episodes, the limited edition Blu-ray Steelbook, Blu-ray, and DVD have the following special features:
- PIKE’S PEAK (Exclusive) – Anson Mount takes fans through his journey as Captain Christopher Pike in the first season of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, providing a glimpse into his portrayal with intimate footage throughout the season.
- WORLD BUILDING – Led by Production Designer Jonathan Lee and his team, the season’s production design utilized cutting-edge technology to create worlds prior to shoots, allowing the actors to fully immerse themselves into scenes rather than imagine the worlds around them in a green room. Through interviews with producers, cast and crew, fans will learn about the expertise involved in the development process and how the powerful technology was seamlessly integrated into the show.
- EXPLORING NEW WORLDS (Exclusive) – Fans will explore the storylines and characters that bring Star Trek: Strange New Worlds to life with writers, cast and crew.
- COMMENTARY: Anson Mount & Akiva Goldsman – “Strange New Worlds” (Exclusive)
- DELETED SCENES (Exclusive)
- GAG REEL (Exclusive)
Available for pre-order
Amazon has pre-order links up now: Blu-ray $39.55
Amazon pre-order: Blu-ray/Steelbook $51.99
Amazon pre-order: DVD $39.99
International release dates
Strange New Worlds season 1 will be released internationally on the following dates:
- United Kingdom – March 20, 2023
- Australia – March 29, 2023
Discovery Season 4 out now
The latest home video release is Star Trek: Discovery Season 4 which came out on December 6 (see TrekMovie review). You can pick it up on Amazon now: Blu-ray $33.59| Blu-ray/Steelbook $29.99 | DVD $29.95
DISCLAIMER: We may link to products to buy on Amazon in our articles; these are customized affiliate links that support TrekMovie by earning a small commission when you purchase through them.
Check out more Discovery news and analysis here at TrekMovie.