Star Trek: Strange New Worlds season 1 arrives on Blu-ray, DVD, and limited-edition Blu-ray Steelbook on March 21. The release features over 90 minutes of special features, and we have an exclusive clip from one of them.
Exploring Uhura in SNW S1 Blu-ray/DVD
The following exclusive clip is from the “Exploring New Worlds” special feature.
In addition to the 10 episodes, the limited edition Blu-ray Steelbook, Blu-ray, and DVD have the following special features:
- PIKE’S PEAK (Exclusive) – Anson Mount takes fans through his journey as Captain Christopher Pike in the first season of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, providing a glimpse into his portrayal with intimate footage throughout the season.
- WORLD BUILDING – Led by Production Designer Jonathan Lee and his team, the season’s production design utilized cutting-edge technology to create worlds prior to shoots, allowing the actors to fully immerse themselves into scenes rather than imagine the worlds around them in a green room. Through interviews with producers, cast and crew, fans will learn about the expertise involved in the development process and how the powerful technology was seamlessly integrated into the show.
- EXPLORING NEW WORLDS (Exclusive) – Fans will explore the storylines and characters that bring Star Trek: Strange New Worlds to life with writers, cast and crew.
- COMMENTARY: Anson Mount & Akiva Goldsman – “Strange New Worlds” (Exclusive)
- DELETED SCENES (Exclusive)
- GAG REEL (Exclusive)
Available for pre-order
Amazon has pre-order links up now: Blu-ray $33.59
Amazon pre-order: Blu-ray/Steelbook $39.89
Amazon pre-order: DVD $29.39
4K Blu-ray coming in May
Season one of Strange New Worlds will also be the first Star Trek TV title to get a release of 4K UHD Blu-ray. This version will be released on May 16. This 4K release is a limited edition Steelbook, and the set includes Ultra HD Blu-ray discs only.
You can preorder the Strange New Worlds Season 1 4K UHD Steelbook at Amazon for $59.99.
Launch party in L.A.
All Star Trek fans are Invited to Hollywood’s Scum and Villainy Cantina to celebrate the home launch of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds season one. CBS and Paramount are hosting a special Strange New Worlds trivia night on the evening of Friday, March 24. Hosted by Star Trek science advisor Dr. Erin Macdonald, the one-night-only event features special guests, giveaways, a limited-time menu with Star Trek-themed food and drinks and an exclusive Q&A with the host and special guest. Fans will also receive a special sneak peek at behind-the-scenes footage from the first season of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. It all happens at Scum and Villainy Cantina – 6377 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028 – doors will open at 6:30 p.m. PST and trivia will begin at 7:00 p.m. PST.
International release dates
Strange New Worlds season 1 will be released internationally on the following dates:
- United Kingdom – March 20, 2023
- Australia – March 29, 2023
Keep up with all the home video and streaming news, reviews, and analysis at TrekMovie.com.
DISCLAIMER: We link to products to buy on Amazon in our articles with customized affiliate links that support TrekMovie by earning a small commission when you purchase through them.
What about VHS?
I really want this to not be a joke.
Must have been written by a VeryHighStartrekfan (or a time traveller who never embraced the true conniseour’s video format – LASERDISC!)
If Paramount held a poll asking for fans their top two episodes from season 1, and them put them on a ‘strictly limited to 1000 copies’ VHS with an ultra exclusive bonus scene set between season 1 and 2… I would actually consider purchasing that.
I say top two, as going by 90s Trek home video releases, you couldn’t really fit much more on a tape.
When will the soundtrack for Season 1 of Strange New Worlds come out? Seems odd there’s been no discussion about it or any announcements.
Around 25 May 2023 for us in Germany
That cover artwork just makes me think the horse is about to take a little dump, followed by the starship venting its waste tubes on the cowboy.