In January Star Trek: The Exhibition, the traveling exhibit of Star Trek props and replicas, heads east to the Louisville Science Center in Kentucky. Tickets went on sale today, more details and links below.
Tickets now on sale for Star Trek: The Exhibition
Louisville, Ky. (December 1, 2010) – Tickets go on sale today for Star Trek: The Exhibition, locally presented by AT&T. The exhibition features sets, costumes, priceless museum pieces and props from all five Star Trek television series and 11 Star Trek feature films, including the newest blockbuster film. The exhibition opens January 23, 2011.
Visitors can sit in Captain Kirk’s chair from the Enterprise, featured in Star Trek: The Original Series. The object-based exhibition is divided into topic galleries emphasizing themes of science that the creators of Star Trek explored on screen. Themes include:
- Exploration, presenting a timeline of the Star Trek story, and including original models, costumes and props.
- Health Innovation, featuring a reproduced Starfleet medical center from Star Trek: The Next Generation, with patient beds, medical equipment, props and costumes used by actors on the shows. Authentic objects from Star Trek on display include Crusher’s Costume (from Star Trek: The Next Generation), Tri-Corder (used to scout unfamiliar areas and record technical data) and HypoSpray (Star Trek’s fictional version of today’s jet injector, a medical injecting syringe using a high-pressure narrow jet of injection liquid instead of a hypodermic needle to reduce the pain).
- Communication, featuring a reproduction of the Transporter Room that can be explored and stood upon.
Actual objects from Star Trek include the Communicator, a hand-held communication device and later
the Cornbadge; the Earpiece often used on the bridge; and costumes.
- Space Travel, featuring actual set pieces from Star Trek: The Next Generation and authentic Star Trek
artifacts including costumes and Federation, Vulcan and Klingon ship models.
WHAT: Star Trek: The Exhibition
WHEN: January 23 – May 22, 2011 Hours: 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday through Thursday; 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday
WHERE: Louisville Science Center, 727 West Main Street
TICKETS: On sale beginning December 1, 2010, online at www.LouisvilleScience.org or by calling (502) 561- 6100, ext. 6111. Tickets may also be purchased on-site during regular business hours.
Gallery Pass, which includes the Science Center’s permanent exhibits and Star Trek: The Exhibition: $18 for adults 13 and up, $14 for children 2 to 12 Entrance to the Exhibition is every half hour, starting at 9:30 a.m. daily.
Special pricing for Science Center members, groups and schools.
VOLUNTEERS: For information, visit www.LouisvilleScience.org/volunteer or call (502) 560-7143.
Star Trek: The Exhibition open now in Spain, Sacramento & Riverside
There are currently three engagements of Star Trek: The Exhibition around the world. Here are links to the museums:
- Riverside Metropolitan Museum – Riverside, CA (until Feb. 28, 2011)
- Aerospace Museum of California – Sacramento, CA (until Jan. 5, 2011)
- Principe Felipe Science Museum – Valencia Spain (until February, 2011)
If you want to see Star Trek The Exhibition come to your home town, then fill out the Notify My Museum form at the official Exhibition site.