Star Trek Enterprise Coming To Blu-ray – Help Choose The Box Art

While CBS still hasn’t come out and issued a press release confirming that the most recent Star Trek series is on it’s way to Blu-ray, today the official Trek site confirmed  Star Trek Enterprise is on the way in 2013. Not only that, but they are asking fans to help choose box. More details below.

Help Chose Box Art For Enterprise on Blu-ray

CBS has already issued the the entire original Star Trek series on Blu-ray and next month they will release the second season of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but many fans have wondered when the most recent series was getting the Blu-ray treatment. Unlike TOS and TNG, Enterprise (which ran for four seasons between 2001 and 2005) was shot and broadcast in HD, so it didn’t need to be remastered. The first hint that Star Trek: Enterprise was headed to Blu-ray came from writer/producer Mike Sussman who in October sent out a tweet saying he recorded an interview for the special feature.

Today the official Star Trek website announced a Help Choose The Enterprise Blu-ray Cover Art Facebook page. The posting on StarTrek.com noted that Enterprise will "beam its way onto Blu-ray next year. Click below for the three possibilities on Facebook.

CBS has yet to issue an official press release announcing Enterprise on Blu-ray and so far they are not providing any more details on the upcoming sets but from Sussman’s tweet we should expect them to contain new interviews.

TrekMovie will provide an updates on this exciting project when they are avaialble.

Ready for the 22nd Century in HD?

Sound off below and in our new poll on Enterprise on Blu-ray.

[poll=698]

November 12, 2012 4:49 pm

I love the last episode with Riker in want to see him again in another series hopefully Titan !!!!

Nx01
November 12, 2012 4:55 pm

What no Deep Space Nine?

Aatrek
November 12, 2012 5:17 pm

@ #2

‘Enterprise’ was filmed in HD, so it makes sense that it’s being released now, since there’s not much effort needed to get it to Blu-ray, and they can cross-promote it with the TNG releases. It doesn’t really have a bearing on DS9/Voyager Blu-rays since it’s basically ready to go as-is.

sean
November 12, 2012 5:32 pm

If TNG keeps selling well, they’ve already said DS9 is coming up.

MJ (The Original)
November 12, 2012 5:39 pm

If CBS thinks ST fans are going to spend $80 per season for this weak-ass series, they have a big surprise coming. If they put the entire series (all seasons) together in one package, I might consider paying $39.95 for that, but not a penny more.

Commodore Adams
November 12, 2012 5:51 pm

@ Nx01 I am sure DS9 will follow suit once TNG is finished with VOY last. Since Enterprise was filmed in HD with the last two seasons being filmed digitally as opposed to the first two on film, I was expecting Enterprise to be the first on blu-ray but due to rating I guess CBS/Paramount decided to wait. But I’ll be picking this up on launch day, its one of my fav trek series, it was so fresh and unique, can’t wait.

Nx01
November 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Thank you 3 and 4. I stand corrected. Nice to know I can learn something new from fellow fans.

Sean4000
November 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Koji Kuramuras Defiant is going to put the entire TOSR project to shame!

Legate Damar
November 12, 2012 6:45 pm

1-Are you kidding? These Are the Voyages may have been the worst episode of Enterprise, if not the entire Star Trek franchise. Demons and Terra Prime made a perfect finale for Enterprise, and there was no good reason to add a TNG holodeck episode with a clearly aged Riker and Troi that pointlessly killed off Trip.

Legate Damar
November 12, 2012 6:45 pm

November 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Tripp should be on the cover art. The producers made a conscious effort to emphasize Archer/T’Pol/Tripp… though, honestly, it’s not as successful a triad at Kirk/Spock/McCoy.

I could have forgiven the finale, except for the pointlessness in Tripp’s death. Give the guy a bridge at least. Jeez.

Phobos
November 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Finally! Can’t wait.

I have not bought TNG on BR yet because I am scared I will get an old box with bad audio tracks. Is there a way to know?

Jonboc
November 12, 2012 7:10 pm

As long as its streaming in HD on Netflix, I wont have to buy it. But it is my favorite of the Berman-verse.

Aatrek
November 12, 2012 7:18 pm

@ 12

The corrected TNG S1 Blu-ray sets have a little Starfleet emblem on the spine of the case, and the UPC code on the back is yellow (the original releases are white).

NX-17000
November 12, 2012 7:25 pm

@1. Sorry man, I hate to rain on your parade, but I agree with #10. Of all the series finales, Enterprise’s was by FAR the worst. (I’m even including TOS in this, though they didn’t really have a finale) In theory, yes it had potential, and by that I’m refering to the idea of the forming of the coalition of planet/UFP whichever it was. Enterprise as a whole was a great series, but the finale ruined it for me. I don’t get why they did that stuff, from pulling Riker and Troi in, to killing Tucker. By pulling Riker in, and centering part of the show around him, you basically turned it into a TNG episode with a short wrap up of Enterprise. All in all, the worst finale, and possibly one of the worst episodes in Star Trek as a whole

Melllvar
November 12, 2012 7:30 pm

@5

Bucky
November 12, 2012 7:30 pm

“These Are the Voyages…” kinda plays better if you pause and flip back and forth between that and “The Pegasus”. It’s really just a supplementary story to that other one. (Most of the “TATV” basically takes place before the 30 minute mark of “Pegasus”)

switcher
November 12, 2012 7:32 pm

I’ve got season one of ST:Enterprise on DVD… amazing they never show reruns of it. If they ever do, people will find out what they missed.

MJ (The Original)
November 12, 2012 7:50 pm

@16 “@5 Just because you don’t like it certainly doesn’t mean it won’t sell. I for one think Enterprise was awesome! Temper your certainty sir, your opinion may not be representative of the masses…”

No offense, but “the masses” did not watch the show, hence the premature cancellation. And so I would argue that my opinion is much more representative of the masses than yours. And it they price it at $80, I can guarantee you that it won’t sell even 1/3 of the numbers of TNG, or 1/5 of the numbers of TOS.

boblablaw
November 12, 2012 8:38 pm

I don’t really care about 99% of this series. I’d watch the TOS-themed eps (season 4, and especially the one with the Defiant), but the first 2 seasons were pure crap.

MJ (The Original)
November 12, 2012 8:39 pm

@20. Well said!

Red Dead Ryan
November 12, 2012 8:59 pm

I like “Enterprise”. It took awhile to get going, though. Seasons three and four are great.

Anyway, the season sets, ideally, should be no more than $45 each. They don’t need any new effects, or remastering of any kind. It should be pretty easy to transfer to Blu Ray.

And yes, I hope “Deep Space Nine” gets the same treatment.

sean
November 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Syfy showed Enterprise reruns for forever. I think people have had plenty of chances to figure out if they like it or not.

Phobos
November 12, 2012 9:16 pm

@14 Aatrek
Thanks. I might go to FutureShop tomorrow. I will be looking for the yellow UPC.

Pointing Out The Obvious
November 12, 2012 9:28 pm

I’ll buy this if its reasonably priced… which it won’t be. We’re looking at 80-100 dollars for one season, which is ridiculous.

Pointing Out The Obvious
November 12, 2012 9:29 pm

@18

Not everyone has SyFy. *pops your everyone lives in the US bubble*

sean
November 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Oh boy. First of all, no, I don’t assume everyone lives in the US. But most people that use this site are in the US. That aside, there are numerous networks that showed Enterprise reruns in other countries.

November 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Then dont buy it MJ, why come in with your feathers all ruffled, over something that you dont want to buy.
Wait for the price to drop to what you want.
But from your post it sounds like you are not even a fan of the show.

name
November 12, 2012 10:00 pm
name
November 12, 2012 10:01 pm

“But most people that use this site are in the US”

Bullshit.

November 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Damar likes/dislikes are all subjective.
Just cause you think its the worst episode of trek ever made doesnt mean it is. I personally enjoyed the episode, not the best episode of the series mind you , but it was far from the worst, personally Spocks Brain and Displaced were all time lows for Trek, but again thats just MY OPINON.

The problem with this site is to many people deal in absolutes, you dont want to allow for other people to have their own opinons on what is good or bad. Kind of makes it no fun to post on here. perhaps my days here will be numbered and I will stick to sites where people dont jump on you for having an opinon that differs.

November 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Try allowing for the fact that not everyone is going to think the same way.

MJ (The Original)
November 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Because I am bored and this is all the news we get here — that’s why I provided “MY OPINION”here. Believe me, I would much rather be talking about a sequel news story versus the only really bad Trek series every produced (although Voyager was also pretty crappy).

MJ (The Original)
November 12, 2012 10:12 pm

“Bobblabla and MJ, again opinons are subjective. just cause you think something is crap doesnt mean everyone else agrees.”

True, but it is a fact that is the only one of the new Trek series that was cancelled because it wasn’t liked by enough people…so, overall, a lot of people out there agree with Bob+ and I.

November 12, 2012 10:13 pm

29-Name:
Thank the maker, No JJ WARS! though I honestly dont think JJ was even sent the story treatment to pass it over.

Gorn Captain
November 12, 2012 10:32 pm

How soon people forget UPN didn’t even air in some parts of the country. That had to to hurt the ratings for ENT, and ultimately did the network in as well.

I know people who were downloading episodes simply because there was no other way for them to see the show when it originally aired.

M.J. (Mark James Tucker)
November 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Its official Peter Wellers characters name is Hookman in Orci and Kurtzmans remake of ……………………………………………………………
(SPOILER ALERT)
(SPOILER ALERT)(SPOILER ALERT)(SPOILER ALERT)
(SPOILER ALERT)
(SPOILER ALERT)
(SPOILER ALERT)
(SPOILER ALERT)

HAWAII 5-0’s emmy award winning episode entitled HOOKMAN

Jason
November 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Dudes, vote for cover design 2, with just the ship on it. Its way the best one

saavik001
November 13, 2012 12:09 am

#9 and #10… Totally agree, the Enterprise finale is the worst… At $60 a year of Trek on Blu-Ray, I’ll even get Voyager. But I already have TOS and TNG is on order. I will get Enterprise and DS9 on BluRay of course!

I'm a trekkie NOT a trekker TOS=The ONLY Series (worth watching)
November 13, 2012 12:11 am

With all the opinions flying around it’s time for the ONLY ONE THAT COUNTS – MINE!!! TATV was a crappy episode IMOO (In My Over-inflated Opinion). Seriously, tho… “Enterprise” didn’t need a TNG crossover episode to conclude the series. It could have ended very well on its own merit.

digginjim
November 13, 2012 1:33 am

TNG takes priority – and I’m going to have to wait an age for that to come down in price enough to be affordable…

izmunuti
November 13, 2012 2:27 am

Like Voyager, Enterprise got really good for the last couple seasons. Why did it take Trek series, including TNG, so many YEARS for them to get their stride? It’s too bad. Good thing TOS was great starting with the first season.

November 13, 2012 3:02 am

Well, I can’t help choose the box art as I do not have a Facebook account and am certainly not creating one just to do this…

I can’t stand FB or indeed any of these social networking sites. But then I am an anti-social bar steward!

November 13, 2012 3:19 am

@42
TOS started good and got worse…. ;-)

Jerry Modene
November 13, 2012 4:55 am

I’ve always found it, um, fascinating, that TOS’s episode quality started going downhill right about the time Desilu was bought out by Paramount. Coincidence?

Trekboi
November 13, 2012 6:40 am

MJ your not very original or informed, Enterprise was not syndicated to a wide audience like tng & ds9- UPN was dead & was never widely avalible.
Enterprise had the highest ratings on upn, on par with competitors buffy & smallville- it was canceled due to politics & the merchandise rights that were all affected by the eventual sepration of Treks rights between paramount & cbs.

V117
November 13, 2012 7:03 am

Enterprise Blu-ray= Crap in the highest resolution.

November 13, 2012 7:20 am

I love Enterprise (well, except for These are the Voyages–though the last two minutes with the combined narration is cool), but own all the DVDs. I don’t plan to upgrade to Blu-Ray, but will certainly stream them in Hi-Def.

James
November 13, 2012 7:22 am

Pretty snarky message board!

I recently went to Destination Star Trek London and felt sorry for Ron Moore when he talked about how upset highly critical fan reactions made him.

For me, I enjoyed season 1 and 4 of Enterprise – but the other seasons had their moments. As TV goes, it was pretty good – unlike a lot of the other dross out there:

Compared to a lot of TV shows, Enterprise was cogent and well written – and I for one miss having a Star Trek show on TV.

Emperor Mike of the Empire
November 13, 2012 7:29 am

I hope they Re do Star Trek The Animated Series and remake it and put it on Blu-Rey