Star Trek Game Release Date Set To April 23 2013 + Pre-orders Include Exclusive Content December 20, 2012by Anthony Pascale , Filed under: Star Trek (JJverse game) , trackback
Today Namco Bandai has announced an official release date for their upcoming Star Trek video game, which is set between the 2009 Star Trek movie and Star Trek Into Darkness. The game will be in stores on April 23rd. You can also pre-order the game now. More info on this exciting upcoming title below including a new screenshot of the USS Enterprise.
Star Trek The Game Coming April 23rd
Today Namco Bandai announced that Star Trek the game will be released on April 23rd (April 26th in Europe). This new cooperative game is being developed for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. It is scheduled for release April 23, 2013. The game features a brand new story (written by BAFTA award winner Marianne Krawczyk and overseen by Star Trek writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzmen). The game is set in the new Star Trek movie universe between the 2009 film and the 2013 sequel, Star Trek Into Darkness.
In the game you chose to play as either Kirk or Spock in an adventure set on New Vulcan. You work together in cooperative mode with either a friend or AI controlling the other character. While you deal with the Gorn (yes Gorns!) who have invaded New Vulcan, you will deal with the other crewmembers of the USS Enterprise. Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and the other stars of the Star Trek movie have provided their voices for the game.
They have also released new box art for the title (below).
The retail price is $59.99. You can pre-order the game right now at Amazon. [XBOX 360 and PLAYSTATION 3]. The PC version will be available as a digital download. Pricing for the PC version and links to where you can purchase will be made available soon. More pre-order links to other retailers at the official site.
All pre-orders for the game will also include access to the “Elite Officer Pack,” which features exclusive items and unique uniforms for legendary characters Kirk and Spock.
The exclusive “Elite Officer Pack” will include:
• Stealth Pack – Kirk and Spock stealth uniforms, plus Starfleet Type IV Stealth Sniper Rifle and extra ammo
• Brawler Pack – Kirk leather jacket costume and Spock Vulcan Science Academy costume
• Kelvin Pack – Kirk and Spock U.S.S. Kelvin uniforms, plus U.S.S. Kelvin Hand Phaser
• Academy Pack – Kirk Academy Uniform, Spock Officer Dress Uniform, plus Academy Phaser
• Kobayashi Maru Pack – Kirk and Spock Kobayashi Maru uniforms
More info on Star Trek Game
This new Star Trek game has already picked up accolades from the gaming press, winning awards at the last two E3 gaming conventions. Click here to read TrekMovie’s impressions of the game demo from this year’s E3.
To catch you up, here are a couple videos of the game.
E3 2012 Demo Footage showing two-person cooperation
Gamescon 2012 Trailer
And here is a breakdown of the story and features of the game
For the first time ever, game players will get to play as two of the greatest science-fiction heroes ever — Kirk and Spock – in the award-winning STAR TREK, a completely original co-op experience that expands the Star Trek universe even further. Set in the 23rd Century world of the massively popular Star Trek reboot, this cover-based shooter immerses players in a rich, original story and action-packed combat.
Developed by acclaimed Ontario-based Digital Extremes (Bioshock 2, Dark Sector, The Darkness 2), Star Trek features an original story by BAFTA Award-winning God of War writer Marianne Krawczyk, who created an all-new story.
AUTHENTIC TREK UNIVERSE
· MEET THE CREW – The 2009 Star Trek film cast contributes their voices for the game, including Chris Pine as Kirk and Zachary Quinto as Spock.
· EXPERIENCE AN ALL-NEW STORY – Set after the events of the 2009 theatrical hit, STAR TREK continues the sweeping journey through the new universe with a completely original story.
· EXPLORE THE UNIVERSE – Uncover new areas of the U.S.S. Enterprise, explore never-before-seen sectors throughout the galaxy including exotic planets, treacherous jungles, remote space stations, and venture onto New Vulcan.
KIRK/SPOCK ASYMMETRICAL CO-OP PLAY
· ULTIMATE CO-OP – Built from the ground up as a co-op experience, Star Trek packs two different gameplay styles and unique character abilities into one game. The result: the most fully realized co-op experience of this console generation.
· KIRK AND SPOCK REBORN – Play for the first time as two of the greatest science-fiction heroes ever. With the fate of the galaxy on the line, players must rely on each other to create a kick-ass team.
EPIC ACTION ADVENTURE
· THE GORN RETURN – Determined to conquer the galaxy, the Gorn return as re-imagined versions of the classic Star Trek villains, infecting their foes with venom that can poison, cause hallucinations, and even kill. Ranging in size and abilities, the Gorn seed mayhem and destruction as they decimate populations and ravage planets.
· SCOPE AND VARIETY – Authentic set pieces and ever-changing gameplay underscore the amazing STAR TREK adventure. Hijack enemy battleships, jump precariously through zero-G onto moving spaceships, and swim through subterranean waterways.
· 23rd CENTURY WEAPONS – Employ a wide variety of weapons and gear, that put you in complete control of a huge array of 23rd Century technology, including unique signature weapons for Kirk and Spock. Combined with your character’s special skills, every encounter and every no-win situation turns out differently based on who, what and how you play.
Stay tuned to TrekMovie for more on this upcoming title between now and the release in April.
VOTE: Ready to play in the 23rd century?
Sound off below on this new game and vote in the new poll.