Star Trek: The Exhibition, the traveling exhibit of Star Trek memorabilia, is going Hollywood…literally. TrekMovie is first with the news that the engagement of the exhibit which wrapped up its stay at Franklin Institute in Philadelphia in August has moved to Los Angeles and opens up at Hollywood & Highland in Hollywood on October 10th. More details below.
Trekkin to Hollywood
The 10,000 square foot touring exhibition of authentic Star Trek ships, set recreations, costumes and props has already set up at the Hollywood & Highland Center on Hollywood Blvd. That is the same complex that houses the Kodak Theater (where the Oscars are held). The Exhibit is set up in the former location of the Virgin Megastore (right next to the Mann Chinese Theaters). Opening day is Saturday October 10th and the limited engagement will be open until December (and possibly longer).
Hollywood & Highland Center – next stop for Star Trek The Exhibit
The exhibit that is coming to Hollywood is second engagement, which first opened in Phoenix Arizona last year, and most recently was at the Franklin Center in Philadelphia. Highlights include
- Recreation of the bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D, featured in Star Trek: The Next Generation (you can get pictures taken sitting in Picard’s chair)
- Shinzon’s throne featured in the film Star Trek: Nemesis
- A replica of the sickbay from Star Trek: The Next Generation. The ship’s sickbay was the setting for many of the show’s most important scenes.
- Recreation of the Engineering Room from the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D
- Original Series Captain’s chair recreation (w/ green screen for photo ops)
- Genuine Props and costumes from the entire Star Trek franchise, including JJ Abrams Star Trek
TNG Bridge coming to Hollywood
There will also be a new element: a recreation of Quark’s Bar from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, which will be used for live music and special event entertainment. And from the new Star Trek movie, there are a total of seven costumes, including a Kirk, Spock, Spock Prime, and Nero outfit. There is also a complete landing party kit from the new movie: communicator, phaser and tricorder.
"Star Trek" movie props on display when in Philadelphia
Tickets for STAR TREK: THE EXHIBITION range from $10.50 to $16.50 and can be purchased at the box office or in advance at www.ticketweb.com. The exhibit is open seven days a week: Sunday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; and Friday and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. For more information, text “Hollywood” to 75309 or call 866-940-3976. The address for the exhibit is 6801 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood, CA, 90028.
Opening at The Tech in San Jose
Also, don’t forget the other engagement for Star Trek: The Exhibition is opening at The Tech Museum in San Jose on Friday October. 23rd. More info at thetech.org/StarTrek.