Simon Pegg says he knows Star Trek 2 story + More villain rumors December 12, 2011by TrekMovie.com Staff , Filed under: Spoilers,Star Trek Into Darkness , trackback
While promoting his latest movie “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol”, Simon Pegg (Star Trek’s Scotty) recently spoke to the Danish movie website Filmz and revealed that he knows the story for the Star Trek sequel.
Pegg says he knows part of Star Trek 2 story
Here’s an excerpt from the interview with Filmz [via TrekWeb] where Pegg reveals that although he still hasn’t read the script, he does know what the story will be, or at least part of the Star Trek sequel’s story:
“I haven’t seen a script yet. I do know the story, though. I know PART of the story, but we haven’t seen a script yet. We’re gonna see it soon. I think next week.”
Pegg added he’s confident the story is something the fans will really enjoy:
“Absolutely. It’s more of what we love as Star Trek fans, you know. What’s not to love?”
Speaking more generally about what he’d like to see happen with his character Scotty, Pegg says he wouldn’t mind reciting more classic lines — like he did with “I’m giving it all she’s got Captain” in Star Trek— but only if “done properly for the right situation and not just be done as a sly wink”.
Khan in Star Trek sequel? Both Pegg and Bryan Burk cast doubt on rumors
Recently rumors have surfaced online that the villain in the sequel would be Khan (see recent stories here and here). However, director/producer J.J. Abrams has downplayed those rumors and now Pegg is echoing those statements, telling MTV he “[hasn’t] heard the name Khan come up”:
“Not to say it won’t come up, but I have heard no mention of him whatsoever…He is a great villain. I don’t want to say too much and then have to eat my words as I often do, but we’ve seen Khan [in a ‘Trek’ movie before]. To see him again, how much value is there in that? I don’t know.”
Bryan Burk: Sequel will be original, unique and different
Star Trek producer Bryan Burk offered a similar, albeit more concrete response, saying they chose “to do something we thought would be original and unique and different” for the sequel adding: “I think on paper, we made the right choice. Now we have to go shoot.”
Burk also revealed that the the sequel will pick up after the events of 2009’s Star Trek: […W]e’re going to jump right back in, and we don’t have to set up everybody and we can go right in it.”
For the complete MTV interviews with Burk and Pegg click here.
As previously reported, filming on the Star Trek sequel is scheduled to begin on January 15, 2012. The film — still without an official released title — is scheduled to hit conventional and 3D theaters on May 17, 2013.