Read: Wil Wheaton & Simon Pegg’s Nerdiest Trek Chat Ever

Star Trek’s Simon Pegg (author of "Nerd Do Well") and Star Trek: The Next Generation’s Wil Wheaton (author of "Just A Geek") had a Twitter exchange this afternoon that will go down as the nerdiest, geekiest Trekkiest chat ever, involving comparing Enterprises, nannites, Spock’s harp, Riker’s holodeck programs and more. Check it out for yourself below.

Wil Wheaton and Pegg nerdiest Trek chat ever

Star Trek’s new Scotty Simon Pegg will be appearing on Conan and after announcing he was headed for the taping he got a reply on Twitter from Star Trek: The Next Generation’s Wil Wheaton who is shooting an episode of The Big Bang Theory on the same lot. What ensued is probably the geekiest Trek chat ever on Twitter. Here it is for you to judge for yourself.

Paul Fitz
March 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Funny, Like Pegg, I’d rather the Enterprise D too ;)

Craiger
March 27, 2012 6:53 pm

Oh no! The sequel is going to be that hippies in space TOS episode. LOL.

March 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Now that is neat!

March 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Most awesome trek exchange ever!

Schultz
March 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Oh yeah, Riker’s Enterprise DD. ;)

porthoses bitch
March 27, 2012 7:20 pm

Saddest part is I dont consider it that geeky…..lol…..ahhhh my inner geek. Iremember when ever a tv station would tun a piece on a trek convention they would always start with a fan wearing a tinfoil hat and deely bopper antennas.

Adolescent Nightmare
March 27, 2012 7:22 pm

Keenser is back! With martinis!

TrekMadeMeWonder
March 27, 2012 7:32 pm

A Vulcan Harp? Is this Spoiler material?

Seems a bit weird that Spock would be singing so soon after the demise of Vucan.

And by the way, Spock should have been the one with the black outfit at the end of Trek 09.

And by the way, I watched Trek 09 again on Fox tonight. Got chills when Bones showed up on the Shuttle. Great intro. They should use Nero again for a three pic deal.

’nuff said.

rm10019
March 27, 2012 7:43 pm

That is pretty fing funny.

Sybok's Secret Brother
March 27, 2012 7:53 pm

Wow – I thought I was the only one who talked like that… well there is that Orci guy too…

March 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Maybe my prediction from over a year go about Dr. Sevrin and his space hippy followers being the villain in the next movie are true. Maybe Spock’s gonna jam with them. “It would sound. Soonest like he said. A ha ha. It starts to chime.”

Bucky
March 27, 2012 8:03 pm

“It’s full of Nanites, too” is my favourite line.

March 27, 2012 8:06 pm

@8. TrekMadeMeWonder – March 27, 2012

“A Vulcan Harp? Is this Spoiler material?”

Assuming you are not being sarcastic, I would assume they are just joking about random pieces of TOS and TNG characters and cliches like the holodeck.

“They should use Nero again for a three pic deal.”

March 27, 2012 8:08 pm

Wow. That was an epic conversation. For Twitter.

Commodore Mike of the Terran Empire
March 27, 2012 8:25 pm

Hey. A conversation I could relate to. finally!!!!!!

Keachick - rose pinenut (F)
March 27, 2012 8:46 pm

#8 – People sing at funerals. Music and song can convey any kind of feeling, depth of meaning that a person wishes, including a way of expressing enormous grief and sadness.

So weird this stuff…;?

Red Dead Ryan
March 27, 2012 9:29 pm

You know its a slow news day when an article about a twitter conversation is posted. Ah well, while I don’t consider this interesting, others do, so all the power to them.

AJ
March 27, 2012 9:55 pm

Now, why can’t we get these folks into the bloody Trekmovie CHAT-room? All we do there is talk about crap like this!

Viking
March 27, 2012 10:19 pm

Jeezus you two, get a room, will ya? LMAO

Flim Flam
March 27, 2012 11:01 pm

That was gold. They should write a Trek Comedy series.

Jack
March 27, 2012 11:21 pm

17. Dude. That’s every day. On pretty much every news site.

PS. I need to add “ya wee scamp” to my roster of pick-up line accoutrements.

March 27, 2012 11:40 pm

I should never have read that in front of my wife. It would take a month to explain my giggles.

Let Them Eat Plomeek Soup
March 28, 2012 12:21 am

“Don’t wipe any of Riker’s sex programs, though.”

Oh, the mental images I’m having at this moment… O_o

Ah, Hwil Hwheaton…

Captain Rik
March 28, 2012 12:25 am

Love it – great conversation!

Trekker5
March 28, 2012 4:44 am

I love this!! Trekkers talkin’ about Trek! Pegg has become a fave of my on Twitter,he’s so funny! This conversation reminds me of one I’d strike up in dull moments. (I ain’t called Trekker5 for nothing ya’ll!) :)

I'm Dead Jim!
March 28, 2012 5:37 am

Best use of Twitter… EVER!

Starfleet's Finest
March 28, 2012 6:07 am

Loved it!! :D

TrekMadeMeWonder
March 28, 2012 6:27 am

13. theadagency
“This statement suggests you may be suffering from a major neurological disorder and should seek medical advice immediately,”

Funny, I was having an amazing headache last night.

But as for Nero, The camera ate him up. JJ loved those closeups I am sure. Esp when he and his crew headed back to the 24/5th century at the end of the movie. You have to admit he looked a lot cooler than Kirk in his closups and delivery. Pine often sounded a bit whiney throughout the pic.

Captain of the USS Monte Carlo NCC-1986
March 28, 2012 7:06 am

ya wee scamp. Priceless. Love the Simon Pegg. And Wheaton is great in The big Bang Theory

El Chup
March 28, 2012 7:25 am

I gather from that exchange that the annoying little shit that is Keynser (or however it’s said) is back as Scotty’s sidekick.

Blurrrgh.

Decker
March 28, 2012 7:47 am

Set phasers on Wesley.

THX-1138
March 28, 2012 8:27 am

#18 AJ me boy

I was thinking the very same thing. Like Picard playing cards with the crew, they should have done it long ago. Can you imagine how much they would have dug BND?

RaveOnEd
March 28, 2012 8:46 am

That is really funny! Great to see cast members from Trek have a wonderful sense of humor like this!

@28. TrekMadeMeWonder: “JJ loved those closeups I am sure. Esp when he and his crew headed back to the 24/5th century at the end of the movie.”

Um, did you see the same movie? Because I don’t think Nero was going back to the 24th Century…

VZX
March 28, 2012 8:46 am

I watched this unfold live on Twitter. It’s too bad Pegg and Wheaton did not meet up, but oh well. It was fun.

Orb of the Emissary
March 28, 2012 9:48 am

That was awesome!

Simon
March 28, 2012 10:09 am

@30 and others – just what is so annoying about Keenser?

He really didn’t *do* enough to be annoying (or lovable for that matter).

But to the fanboys here you’d think he was Jar-Jar Binks.

TrekMadeMeWonder
March 28, 2012 10:22 am

33. RaveOnEd

ummm, I don’t think Nero’s final destruction was ever certain.
Perhaps we could ask BobO that simple question.

But, is anyone really ever dead when time travel is involved?

Until then I will assumed Nero went back to the 24th, or somewhere.
By the way, Just how far did the E and Narada travel away from Earth when the Red Matter was released? Seems like it would be a hazard in space for SF and the Sol system..

Red Dead Ryan
March 28, 2012 10:25 am

#36.

Agreed! People who don’t like Keenser for some reason tend to compare him to Jar Jar Binks, which is just asinine. Jar Jar Binks was a total idiot, goof, and oaf who stumbled and bumbled his way into the Galactic Senate.

I happen to think the reason why people hate Keenser is because of his appearance, and because they don’t want to see Scotty with a sidekick.

The guy I found to be annoying was Olsen. He seemed like one of those idiots you see on Spike TV’s “1000 Ways To Die”.

Red Dead Ryan
March 28, 2012 10:28 am

#37.

We saw his ship tear apart in the black hole at the end of the movie. So we’re pretty sure he’s dead. Plus the writers said so as well.

TrekMadeMeWonder
March 28, 2012 10:31 am

39.

Interesting. I had not heard that. Any reference for that?

THX-1138
March 28, 2012 10:34 am

#36 Simon

You hit the nail on the head. Keenser didn’t matter. At all. The character was utterly superfluous. He didn’t demonstrate any skills as an engineer, yet he apparently holds down a Starfleet job on the flagship (sort of a Jar Jar in the senate scenario).

He was essentially the guy with the big face in the bar except they paired him up with Scotty. If he didn’t make any appearance in the next movie nary a tear would be shed, save for Deep Roy.

Red Dead Ryan
March 28, 2012 10:47 am

#40.

A previous article on this site. I can’t remember which one though, unfortunately.

March 28, 2012 11:02 am

I’d take the new Enterprise for sure, its got flashy new lens flares everywhere, and the engine room doubles as a brewery, so it’s a win-win!

Battle-scarred Sciatica
March 28, 2012 11:35 am

@31

LMFAO

“the annoying kid running around engineering”…

a quality Trek comedy exchange.

TrekMadeMeWonder
March 28, 2012 12:03 pm

42. Thanks Red…

Although I am hoping that there would be a three picture arc to the new storyline. So much for Trek forthought.

Peter N
March 28, 2012 1:49 pm

This actually makes me consider getting a twitter account to find out if I could “hang” with those two (although they might not respond to an outsider). I have always loved the treknobabble and find it funny when it is overdone! Congratulations on this exchange.

DS9 IN PRIME TIME
March 28, 2012 2:24 pm

Id take D over any other ship any day.

Rod Geneberry
March 28, 2012 3:06 pm

No ship even comes close to the original Connie… except the Connie refit, of course. The D with it’s giant saucer… must’ve had saucer envy. And besides, who’s gonna take orders from a balding Frenchman in tights?

Simon
March 28, 2012 4:56 pm

#48 – The original connie? Fugly. The TMP refit was the Enterprise done *right*.

Buzz Cagney
March 28, 2012 10:41 pm

Thats actually very funny. Good work fellas.

Its the TMP refit for me. Then Excelsior. The D doesn’t even feature on my list of favourite ships. Not nice.