While we wait for the fifth season of the Paramount+ animated comedy series Star Trek: Lower Decks there is good news for fans of physical media with the announcement that season 4 will arrive on Blu-ray and DVD on April 16, 2024. Or you can get started on the digital release today.
Lower Decks S4 coming home
Today Paramount and CBS Home Entertainment announced the home release of season 4. All 10 episodes were released today on digital, available on Amazon and other digital platforms. You can purchase individual episodes or the full season in standard definition or HD. Special features (detailed below) are available digitally with the purchase of the full season.
Season 4 of Star Trek: Lower Decks got high praise from TrekMovie.com and critics at large, with a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Here is the official synopsis:
An unknown force is destroying starships and threatening galactic peace. Luckily, the crew of the U.S.S. Cerritos isn’t important enough for stuff like that! Instead, Ensigns Mariner, Boimler, Tendi, Rutherford and Provisional Ensign T’Lyn are keeping up with their Starfleet duties, avoiding malevolent computers and getting stuck in a couple caves – all while encountering new and classic aliens along the way.
Season 4 will arrive on April 16 on Blu-ray and DVD manufactured on demand. It includes over half an hour of special features plus exclusive audio commentaries from cast and crew. The 2-disc collection includes every episode along with the following special features:
- Audio Commentary by Jack Quaid, Mike McMahan, and Brad Winters (Ep. 401)
- Audio Commentary by Tawny Newsome, Noël Wells and Gabrielle Ruiz (Ep. 404)
- Audio Commentary by Noël Wells, Eugene Cordero, Chase Masterson and Mike McMahan (Ep. 406)
- Audio Commentary by Dawnn Lewis, Tawny Newsome and Mike McMahan (Ep. 409)
- Audio Commentary by Robert Duncan McNeill and Mike McMahan (Ep. 410)
- Lower Decktionary: Setting Up Season 4
- Old Friends featurette
UPDATE: Available for pre-order
Find more news on streaming and home video at TrekMovie.com.