Star Trek Online’s TOS-themed Agents of Yesterday expansion launches today. TrekMovie is celebrating by giving away 50 codes each redeemable for the Temporal Agent Starter Pack. Hit the jump for details on how to win.
In celebration of Star Trek’s 50th anniversary year, Cryptic Studios, makers of the free-to-play MMORPG Star Trek Online, have announced the game’s third official expansion. Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday sends players back in time to create new captains, fly classic starships (including the Constitution Class Enterprise), and experience new episodes in the Original Series era.
As the press release states:
Agents of Yesterday sends players on a mission to save the future by protecting the past… All of the Star Trek timelines and universes collide when enemies threaten to destroy the past, calling for the recruitment of Star Trek Online’s bravest to become Temporal Agents and defend our very existence.
Agents of Yesterday introduces an exciting cast of characters, voiced by beloved Star Trek actors. This includes Star Trek: The Original Series’ Chekov, played by Walter Koenig and Montgomery ‘Scotty’ Scott, voiced by Chris Doohan, son of James Doohan. The expansion also features Admiral Leeta from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, reprised by Chase Masterson and Temporal Agent Daniels from Star Trek: Enterprise, played by Matt Winston. Actor Joseph Gatt will also make his Star Trek Online debut as cyborg crewman 0718 from Star Trek Into Darkness. In addition to a new cast of characters, Agents of Yesterday also introduces a new specialization tree and new task force missions.
Even if you’ve never played the game, now is a great time to get into STO according to the game’s executive producer Stephen Ricossa who sat down with TrekMovie to talk Agents of Yesterday, the game’s move into the console world, and more.
A full list of the expansion’s features include:
- New Episodes – Players can access the new tutorial section to start their journey as a Captain from Star Trek: The Original Series and experience over a dozen new missions.
- New Starships – Agents of Yesterday includes over a dozen new starships from every era, from the famous 23rd Century Constitution-class Cruiser to the 31st Century Chronos-class Temporal Dreadnought.
- New Specialization Tree – After becoming a Temporal Agent, players can manipulate time to ensure the timeline is protected against those trying to destroy the past.
- New Special Task Force Missions – This new feature allows Captains to team up with other members of the community to take on all-new challenges in space and on ground.
- An All-Trek Cast – The expansion features Chekov, Daniels, and more characters straight from the TV shows and movies voiced by the original actors.
- New Universe to Explore – Agents of Yesterday features content, actors and themes from the Kelvin Timeline, the universe which the 2009 and 2013 Star Trek films are based on.
TrekMovie’s Agents of Yesterday Giveaway!
Here’s how you can win one of 50 codes redeemable for the Temporal Agent Starter Pack, which includes:
- Tier 1 USS Enterprise
A legendary 23rd century Starfleet vessel, the Constitution-class Cruiser regularly went where no one had gone before. A durable, versatile ship, it handled a variety of missions, including exploration, first contact, research, and system defense.
- Tier 6 Temporal Battlecruiser Paladin Class
Drawing inspiration from the 23rd century Ranger-class, the Paladin-class Battlecruiser is very tactically focused. It features a potent weapons platform, and a number of sophisticated maneuver systems make the Paladin a remarkably agile vessel for its class.
- TOS Torn Uniforms
The classic The Original Series Uniforms worn and torn from battle. This costume unlocks for all TOS and Federation characters on an account.
- 0718 Bridge Officer
Hailing from the Federation of the “Kelvin Timeline,” 0718 serves as an officer in Science Branch aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise under Captain James T. Kirk. A cyborg with a specialty in computer systems, 0718 was a member of the Enterprise crew as she began her five-year mission
- Title: Temporal Agent
This title is exclusive to purchasers of the Temporal Agent Pack or Temporal Agent Starter Pack. It unlocks for all TOS and Federation characters on an account.
The starter pack will only work for the PC platform (which is okay since the console version isn’t out yet!).
How to Win
To be one of our lucky winners, show us how you do Star Trek Online! Send us a screenshot (or drawing or other artistic rendering) of your captain, your ship, your favorite planet in the game, you name it. Why do you love STO? Show us in pictures! Never played the game before? Don’t worry, we want you to be able to enjoy this new starter pack, too. Tell us why you want to get into Star Trek Online.
You can send in your entry in one of three ways:
- Send out a tweet mentioning or tagging @TrekMovie and/or using the hashtag #STOGiveaway
- Post on our facebook page
- Post right here in the comments section
We’ll be picking winners over the course of the next two weeks right up until July 20th (which just happens to be the world premiere date of Star Trek Beyond). Be sure to follow us on twitter and facebook, and remember to fill in a working email address if you submit a photo here in the comments (don’t worry, this will NOT be posted publicly). We will be notifying winners via the platform used to submit their entry or by email in the case of those submitting here in the comments.
Good luck, and have fun!