ViacomCBS has launched their promised summer content and interface update for CBS All Access, with new content across the ViacomCBS family being added to the streaming service.
All Access expands content ahead of launch of Star Trek: Lower Decks
This morning ViacomCBS announced the biggest expansion yet for CBS All Access. The streaming service has added more than 3,500 episodes across ViacomCBS family of brands, including popular series from BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Smithsonian Channel, and more.
This expansion comes exactly one week ahead of the launch of their next Star Trek series, the animated comedy Star Trek: Lower Decks which will be immediately followed on October 15th with the third season of Star Trek: Discovery, giving Trek fans 23 straight weeks of new Star Trek.
“Today marks the beginning of an exciting evolution of CBS All Access into the subscription streaming home for ViacomCBS and a preview of what’s to come,” said Marc DeBevoise, Chief Digital Officer, ViacomCBS and President & Chief Executive Officer, ViacomCBS Digital. “We will deliver to consumers a compelling and differentiated service with something for everyone across news, live sports and on-demand entertainment in every genre.”
The service also began rolling out a new user interface across all major device platforms today with enhanced personalization and discovery features, including advanced recommendations, curated homepages, new content categories and central hubs for ViacomCBS’ brands to seamlessly find and explore content by brand.
Now available on All Access
Here is some of the new content now available on CBS All Access:
- BET: All seasons of “Real Husbands of Hollywood,” “Hit the Floor,” plus all prior seasons of “Single Ladies” and more
- Comedy Central: All seasons of “Chappelle’s Show,” “Strangers with Candy,” six prior seasons of “Reno 911!” and more
- MTV: All seasons of “Laguna Beach” and “Snooki & Jwoww,” prior seasons of TEEN MOM 2, seasons of JERSEY SHORE: FAMILY VACATION and MTV FLORIBAMA SHORE, as well as a selection from THE CHALLENGE, “Beavis and Butt-Head: The Mike Judge Collection” and more
- Nickelodeon: All seasons of “Avatar: Last Airbender,” “Rugrats,” plus all prior seasons of SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS and more, in addition to seasons of “Danny Phantom,” “The Legend of Korra” and “Sam & Cat” that were previously available
- Smithsonian Channel: More than 60 episodes of “Aerial America,” seasons of “Air Disasters,” documentaries such as “The Day We Walked on the Moon,” “The Green Book: Guide to Freedom,” “MLK: The Assassination Tapes,” “Pocahontas: Beyond the Myth” and more
- TV Land and VH1: Programming like “Hot in Cleveland,” as well as prior seasons of RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE and LOVE & HIP HOP and more
- Paramount Pictures: More films have been added to the service since May, including “The Firm,” “Charlotte’s Web” and “Scary Movie,”with more than 150 movies in total now available.
Coming up in 2020
More content being added to All Access in 2020 includes:
- STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS: Premiering Thursday, August 6.
- BIG BROTHER LIVE FEEDS: Offering an in-depth, exclusive pass to watch all the action inside the BIG BROTHER house all the time.
- STAR TREK: DISCOVERY: Season three, premiering Oct. 15.
- The Untitled Richard Linklater Project: premiering this fall.
- THE STAND: Limited event series, premiering late 2020.
- Fans can also binge other CBS All Access original series including the critically acclaimed hit THE GOOD FIGHT, THE TWILIGHT ZONE, STAR TREK: PICARD, TOONING OUT THE NEWS, NO ACTIVITY, WHY WOMEN KILL, THE THOMAS JOHN EXPERIENCE and more.
- Other exclusive original series coming to the service in 2021 and beyond include THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH, THE HARPER HOUSE and GUILTY PARTY.
More to come in 2021
In addition, CBS All Access announced Kamp Koral, a new original children’s series premiering in 2021, and the first spinoff from Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants. As previously announced, CBS All Access will also be the exclusive home to The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run in early 2021.
In the months to come, CBS All Access will continue to grow its content offering to include more than 30,000 episodes and movies from the ViacomCBS library of series and movies, as well as develop new exclusive originals from ViacomCBS’ entertainment brands, Paramount Pictures and Paramount Television Studios. The stated goal of all of this expansion is to have All Access span “every demographic and content category, from animation to sci-fi, comedy, drama, procedurals, reality and children’s programming.”
All of these moves come ahead of ViacomCBS’ plan to rebrand and relaunch CBS All Access as a new “super streamer” in 2021, to go up against competition like Disney+, HBO Max, and Peacock. ViacomCBS will debut the full and rebranded service in early 2021.
All Access free month promo
CBS All Access also announced a new one-month free promotion. For a limited time, try 1 month FREE with code PLAY by 8/16/20.
And keep up with all the news and reviews from the new Star Trek Universe on TV at TrekMovie