Paramount will once again celebrate Star Trek Day with a global live streaming event full of celebrity panels, entertainment, and more all celebrating the final frontier. This will be the third year in a row Paramount is doing a streaming event honoring the anniversary of the launch of the original Star Trek television series on September 8, 1966.
Star Trek Day 2022
Paramount’s Star Trek Day will be streamed live from the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles. The celebration will include back-to-back panels with stars from across the Star Trek Universe, including promises of some exclusive news about original Paramount+ Trek shows. There will also be live performances, a special tribute to Nichelle Nichols, and more.
The event will run on Thursday, September 8, 2022 starting at 12:00 PM (Pacific Time) / 3:00 pm (Eastern Time). It will kick off live from the Star Trek Day red carpet with co-hosts Jackie Cox (RuPaul’s Drag Race) and Mary Chieffo (Star Trek: Discovery) interviewing Star Trek cast members from past to present.
Live YouTube feed
A series of back-to-back panel conversations with stars from Paramount+ Star Trek shows will be moderated by Lower Decks voice actors and co-hosts of Star Trek: The Pod Directive Tawny Newsome and Paul F. Tompkins. The conversations will include the casts from the following “Star Trek” television series:
- Star Trek: Picard with series stars Jeri Ryan and Michelle Hurd.
- Star Trek: Lower Decks with voice cast members Tawny Newsome, Noël Wells and Dawnn Lewis.
- Star Trek: Prodigy with series voice cast including Brett Gray and Kate Mulgrew.
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds with series stars Rebecca Romijn, Jess Bush, Christina Chong, Celia Rose Gooding, Melissa Navia and Babs Olusanmokun.
According to Paramount they “will be chatting for two hours of free live-streamed conversations and programming that will unite iconic cast members from the television series as they gather in person to celebrate Star Trek, with a few surprises along the way.”
- NICHELLE NICHOLS TRIBUTE featuring a special video to honor the impact and influence of Nichelle Nichols.
- BEHIND-THE-SCENES SET TOUR OF “STAR TREK: DISCOVERY” with Wilson Cruz in Toronto, as he provides fans with an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at filming season five of the hit original series, along with appearances from Sonequa Martin-Green and other cast members.
- “PUT ON YOUR BEST FACE,” where a lucky fan will be transformed into a “Star Trek” alien by a series make-up artist.
- “STAR TREK” COSPLAY RUNWAY hosted by Jackie Cox, fans will strut the runway in their finest “Star Trek” cosplay.
- SPECIAL MUSICAL GUEST Reggie Watts from THE LATE LATE SHOW WITH JAMES CORDEN.
- STAND-UP COMEDY with Brian Posehn (“Mr. Show,” “The Big Bang Theory”).
Fans worldwide will be able to live-stream the “Star Trek Day” celebration for free at StarTrek.com/Day and on YouTube (Paramount+ and Star Trek Official pages), Facebook (@StarTrek), Twitter (@StarTrekonPPlus) and TikTok (@ParamountPlus). It will also be available to stream for free in the U.S. only on Paramount+’s Twitch page.
After their initial airing, the conversation portions of the event will be available on-demand on Paramount+.
The live-streamed celebration and additional information on “Star Trek Day” programming and initiatives can be found at StarTrek.com/Day.
Augmented Reality Portals around the world
“Star Trek Day” will also be celebrated with a one-of-a-kind opportunity for fans around the world with the debut of in-person “Star Trek” Augmented Reality Delta Portals. The Delta Portals will be set up for a limited time in select cities internationally, from Wednesday, Sept. 7 to Thursday, Sept 8. Each location will have three “Star Trek” Deltas, each seven feet tall and featuring QR codes that, when scanned on Instagram, transform the objects into mixed-reality portals that bring the user into the world of “Star Trek.” Each augmented reality experience will be based on a current “Star Trek” series, featuring fully 3D alien planets, classic starships and iconic characters as they interact with both the virtual and physical worlds.
Locations are below:
- Los Angeles: The Grove
- New York: Hudson Yards
- Chicago: Water Tower Place
- London, United Kingdom: Science Museum
- São Paulo, Brazil: Shopping Cidade São Paulo (Note: Brazil dates are Thursday, Sept. 8 to Friday, Sept. 9)
- Melbourne, Australia: Federation Square
On “Star Trek Day,” the #StarTrekUnitedGives campaign returns. For every person who tweets the hashtag StarTrekUnitedGives (#StarTrekUnitedGives) on Sept. 8, $1 will be donated and divided equally by Paramount to charities that support organizations who do the real-world work of championing diversity, equity and innovation, in honor of the late Nichelle Nichols.
SPECIAL “STAR TREK DAY” MERCHANDISE AND SALE
On Sept. 8, fans can use the code “STARTREKDAY” for 20% off sitewide at shop.StarTrek.com, which includes a curated “Star Trek” Day collection.
Keep up with the Star Trek Universe at TrekMovie.com.