Star Trek: Picard Season 2 arrives on Blu-ray, DVD, and Steelbook on Tuesday, October 2nd. The release includes over 90 minutes of bonus content including exclusive featurettes and commentaries. We have an exclusive clip of a deleted scene and we are giving away a couple of copies too.
Deleted scene: Seven and Raffi search for Borgati
The following scene from episode 7 (“Monsters”) shows seven and Raffi debating whether or not Jurati was a Borg and provides more detail on how they were able to track Jurati to Deacon’s Bar in Los Angeles.
Here is a full breakdown of the special features for this release:
- THE U.S.S. STARGAZER – The featurette takes a deep dive into the creation of the U.S.S. Stargazer from conception to build out and features exclusive time-lapse photography along with Production Designer Dave Blass, who brought the original TNG art department onboard, including the famed Star Trek graphic artist Michael Okuda and design artists Doug Drexler and John Eaves, to create the latest U.S.S. Stargazer.
- THE CHATEAU – Led by Production Designer Dave Blass and Prop Master Jeff Lombardi, the featurette explores the transition of Picard’s chateau following its redesign and conversion to the Dataverse in season one.
- THE TRIAL IS OVER – The intimate, behind-the-scenes look connects fans with John de Lancie, who reprises his role as Q, playing a significant part in the season 2 story arc.
- REBUILDING THE BORG QUEEN – The featurette showcases actress Annie Wersching as she discusses stepping into the role of the Borg Queen. After 25 years, the iconic character returns through advanced design and production techniques, which are further discussed by Designer Neville Page, Prosthetics Master Vincent Van Dyke and Makeup Department Head James MacKinnon.
- PICARD PROPS – Property Master Jeff Lombardi takes fans on a tour that showcases the various props created for Star Trek: Picard season 2.
- PICARD PASSAGES – Alongside cast and crew, fans will follow the heroes from Star Trek: Picard through time and space as they encounter old and new friends as well as challenges in the latest season.
- GAG REEL
- DELETED SCENES
TrekMovie is giving away two copies of the Picard season 2 Blu-ray or DVD to a couple of lucky readers in the USA. All you need to do is to comment below telling us which character(s) from Picard season 2 you would like to see in their own spin-off series. The winner will be selected at random on Thursday, October 6th at noon Pacific. Please include a working email address so you can be contacted to find out where to send the copy.
Keep up with all the home video and streaming news, reviews, and analysis at TrekMovie.com.