RUMOR: Is Star Trek Leaving Amazon Prime, Netflix? January 25, 2016by Kayla Iacovino , Filed under: CBS/Paramount,Rumor,Trek Franchise , 142 comments
Ever since the announcement that the new Star Trek series will be aired exclusively on CBS’s new streaming platform, CBS All Access, there has been speculation of Trek‘s departure from competing streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime, both of which currently offer the full catalogue of Trek for any subscribed customer’s viewing pleasure. It now appears that Amazon Prime may be the first to lose Trek on February 15th.
Well the Shatner in Star Trek story hit a new high, or possibly low this afternoon as a two word tweet from the man launched a new wave of (completely wrong) news stories. Details below.Rumor,Spoilers,Star Trek Beyond , comments closed
There is another report on the web with possible details (and therefore possible spoilers) about how William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy could fit into the 2016 Star Trek movie. See below for more details.
Shatner & Orci React To 2016 Star Trek Movie Rumor September 23, 2014by Brian Drew , Filed under: Nimoy,Rumor,Shatner,Star Trek Beyond,TrekMovie.com , comments closed
Since reported yesterday the rumor about the possibility of William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy appearing in the next Star Trek film has set fandom ablaze with speculation. Much of the discussion has focused particularly Shatner, and now he has weighed in on it, as has Roberto Orci. See what they have to say below…
Report: Shatner and Nimoy Scene Written For Next Star Trek Movie? September 22, 2014by TrekMovie.com Staff , Filed under: Rumor,Star Trek Beyond , comments closed
There is a new report out today about the next Star Trek movie having a scene with Kirk and Spock – but not for Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto, but the original actors to inhabit those roles. More info below.
Sorry, Netflix & CBS Not in Talks To Produce New Show June 10, 2014by Brian Drew , Filed under: CBS/Paramount,Rumor,Trek on TV , comments closed
A new story is making the rounds claiming that, while at Phoenix Comicon this past weekend, author Larry Nemecek (Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion, Star Trek Stellar Cartography) revealed that Netflix and CBS are “in talks” regarding a new Star Trek series. The story made a big splash, since it’s not so crazy to think that Netflix, who has hit it big with recent original shows Orange is the New Black and House of Cards, would look to Star Trek, one of its top performers in streaming TV, for a new series. In a blog post on his web site, Nemecek refutes the story:
…this non-bylined writer known only as “Starfleet Intelligence” is too wrapped up in tossing around jazzy phrases of TheBizSpeak in this post, and has the situation blown up way too big —though it makes a nice screaming headline…it’s in Netflix’s interest to be casting about for new shows—including those from known franchises. I understand Star Trek is one of them—especially as Trek’s 737 hours of “reruns” performs as a top draw ON Netflix. As I understand it, there have been overtures. But none taken. So far.
You can read the entire post here.
New writers added to Trek 3 UPDATE: Variety says Cornish is out December 6, 2013by Matt Wright , Filed under: Rumor,Star Trek Beyond , comments closed
While this isn’t 100% official, The Hollywood Reporter just broke a story that says two new writers will be joining Roberto Orci in writing the 3rd Star Trek movie script. Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof are out.
The new blood comes in the form of J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay. These relatively unknowns do have a relationship with Bad Robot. The pair were tapped to write the script adapting the graphic novel Boilerplate in 2011 (as yet unreleased) for Bad Robot.
That’s it though, there’s no other news on Trek 3 in the article, other than the common assumption that it’s supposed to be out in 2016 to coincide the 50th anniversary of the franchise.
The next Star Trek film is untitled and unscheduled, but Paramount and Skydance are hoping to have a film in time for the franchise to celebrate its 50th anniversary in 2016
UPDATE: In a throw-away line in Variety’s coverage about Payne and McKay they buried a pretty big detail. Variety now reports Joe Cornish will NOT be the next director.
Paramount and Skydance were at one point in talks with “Attack the Block” helmer Joe Cornish, but he is no longer involved.
RUMOR: Joe Cornish being considerd as director for Trek 3 November 3, 2013by Matt Wright , Filed under: Rumor,Star Trek Beyond , comments closed
According to Deadline.com, Joe Cornish (Attack the Block, The Adventures of Tin Tin) is strongly being considered for the director’s chair of the next Star Trek movie:
Cornish followed by being one of the writers on The Adventures Of Tin Tin, and he and Edgar Wright wrote the script for Ant-Man, the Marvel Studios film that Wright is going to direct. Long story short, he’s gotten exposure to bigger scale projects than Attack The Block, in which he admirably depicted a full scale alien invasion on a relatively small budget. Doing a movie like this would certainly put his career on a warp speed path. He’s already working with Paramount on the novel adaptation Snow Crash which he’s prepping to present to the studio.
UNCONFIRMED RUMOR: Orci talked to CBS about Trek TV Show October 12, 2013by Matt Wright , Filed under: CBS/Paramount,Orci/Kurtzman,Rumor,Star Trek Into Darkness,Trek on TV , comments closed
Putting Star Trek back on TV has been increasingly talked about as of late. Out of nowhere a tweet from reporter Joe Michalczuk who was covering the Ender’s Game press junket for the UK’s Sky News claims Roberto Orci told him he had a meeting with CBS. This is to be considered a totally unconfirmed rumor and should be taken with a large grain of salt. We also do not know who else (aside from Bob) “they” refers to in his tweet:
Bob Orci just told me they’ve had a meeting with CBS to revive @StarTrek on TV…This made me v excited
— Joe Michalczuk (@joemichalczuk) October 8, 2013
Orci has commented here at TrekMovie in the past about his own personal interest in maybe, perhaps, if the stars align, thinking about doing an Abramsverse Star Trek TV show. But it was mostly just personal interest, the issues with CBS and Paramount being separate companies with differing agendas seemed to be a bit of a mess. So we’ll shall see if this gets confirmed in any way. Even if it’s true, don’t count on it being publicly acknowledged, preliminary meetings are just that, preliminary, often times it’s just feeling out the parties involved, in many cases doesn’t go anywhere, or doesn’t happen quickly, so things are kept under wraps until a more concrete agreement is made.
J.J. Abrams endorses Rupert Wyatt for Star Trek 3 director – still nothing official September 12, 2013by Matt Wright , Filed under: Rumor,Star Trek Beyond , comments closed
While still nothing official has been announced about the next director for the 3rd Bad Robot Star Trek movie, the website HitFix caught up with J.J. Abrams during the home video release celebration of Into Darkness. They asked him about the rumor that Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) was being considered, and the status of any pre-production progress on the 3rd movie.
JJ Trek 3 possible director and writers August 6, 2013by Matt Wright , Filed under: Rumor,Star Trek Beyond , comments closed
With Star Trek Into Darkness almost on home video, what’s happening with the third Star Trek theatrical release from the new “JJ ‘verse” timeline is foremost on Trek fans minds. There are multiples sources that say Paramount has a contender for the director’s seat, while J.J. Abrams will produce.
Patrick Stewart to Guest Voice on Futurama Tonight + LeVar Burton Supports Seth MacFarlane to Bring Back Trek to TV August 29, 2012by Kayla Iacovino , Filed under: Celebrity,Rumor,Trek Franchise,Trek on TV , comments closed
In two pieces of animated news, Patrick Stewart will lend his voice to the hit animated series Futurama in an hour long midseason finale episode set to air tonight (Aug 29). Plus, LeVar Burton replies to rumors about Seth MacFarlane bringing Trek back to TV saying at Fan Expo that he would support MacFarlane to do the job right.
Urban Literally Gagged By JJ Abrams For Star Trek Sequel Talk + Watch New Red-band Dredd Clip July 13, 2012by Anthony Pascale , Filed under: Rumor,Sci-Fi,Spoilers,Star Trek Into Darkness , comments closed
On his publicity tour for Dredd, Karl Uban has been making news about the new Star Trek sequel. Now the new Doctor McCoy is making light of possibly releasing spoilers – showing reporters that he has literally been gagged by JJ Abrams, however he continues to talk about something for Star Trek on YouTube. Details below, plus check out the brand new red band trailer for Dredd.
One of the biggest points of speculation about the Star Trek sequel has been about the character played by Benedict Cumberbatch. There have been rumors, reports and denials about his role and today brings a brand new possible revelation, this time coming from co-star Karl Urban. More details and potential spoilers below.
Rumor Control: Cumberbatch Role NOT Confirmed By IMDB + Star Trek Sequel Locations NOT Tweeted January 23, 2012by Anthony Pascale , Filed under: Rumor,Star Trek Into Darkness , comments closed
There are a couple of Star Trek sequel tidbits floating around the Internets that TrekMovie has been getting emails on and so once again we have done some checking and we have some debunking to do with regards to IMDB and Benedict Cumberbatch and also locations for the film. See below.
Report: No Original Star Trek Actors In Sequel December 20, 2011by Anthony Pascale , Filed under: Nimoy,Rumor,Shatner,Star Trek Into Darkness , comments closed
A new report cites a source (presumably attending the LA premiere of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol) who claims the upcoming Star Trek movie will not have any original Star Trek stars in it. So no Shatner, Nimoy, etc. See more details below.
Damon Lindelof & Zachary Quinto Respond To Star Trek Sequel Rumor Reports + Potential Weller Role Detail December 6, 2011by Anthony Pascale , Filed under: Lindelof,Rumor,Spoilers,Star Trek Into Darkness , comments closed
Yesterday was a big news day for the new Star Trek sequel. Today we have some follow-up reports, including Zachary Quinto and co-writer/producer Damon Lindelof’s reactions to rumors about the Star Trek villain. Check those out below, along with a new possible tidbit about the role Peter Weller will be playing. Potential spoilers below.
BREAKING: Del Toro Out As Star Trek Sequel Villain + Role Spoilers December 5, 2011by Anthony Pascale , Filed under: Rumor,Spoilers,Star Trek Into Darkness , comments closed
The casting news for the Star Trek sequel has taken an unexpected turn. It was just a couple of weeks ago that producer/director JJ Abrams was talking about his discussions with Oscar-winning actor Benicio Del Toro for the villain in his new movie. However, a new report says that Del Toro is out. They also have some spoilers on the role.
UPDATED: JJ Abrams Denies Star Trek Sequel Villain Rumor December 2, 2011by Anthony Pascale , Filed under: Rumor,Star Trek Into Darkness , comments closed
Director JJ Abrams has already confirmed he is considering Oscar-winning actor Benicio Del Toro to play the villain for his Star Trek sequel. There has been a lot of speculation regarding what role he will be playing and now there is an unconfirmed report on who he would be playing. See below for the possible spoiler. [UPDATE: JJ Abrams has denied the rumor]Abrams,CBS/Paramount,Rumor,Star Trek Into Darkness , comments closed
One of the hottest topics right now in the entertainment press is the fate of the 2012 Star Trek sequel. In the last week we have reported that an announcement is coming soon and that prep has been ongoing based on a detailed outline. Today an unconfirmed report has come out stating that the Star Trek sequel may be delayed.